The Christening in the Atlantic (Long)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grunzster:
Ahh...The Stolt. This is only my second season diving NJ. I'm 0-6 for the Stolt. That does include 2 trips I bailed on, though, once when FrankF called me while I was in Fl, and once when I passed, because I had just started diving doubles.

That's #1 on my list for next year...well maybe #2. Have to get back to the U-853!

How deep are the Stolt, and 853? Where do the dive boats leave from?

They are both 130.

For the 853 we use the Sea Turtle out of Montauk. The Stolt is a lot more local and you can hop a boat from Jersey.

grunzster:
Have to get back to the U-853!
I'll be sure to say Hi for you tomorrow. :D

XJae:
I'll be sure to say Hi for you tomorrow. :D
Dick! Damn cousin and her wedding. Doesn't she know I have a U-boat to dive tomorrow and then a Rangers game to go to?

Tanked
Stolt - any of the NJ boats, except for the ones way South by you, and some of the more Western NY boats.

U-853 - Montauk or RI boats, like Jonny said we used the Sea Turtle

We were lucky. Made it there on our second trip. I know some guys who tried about 5-6 times last year and never made it. Even saw a post from someone who said it took them 5 years to get there!

grunzster:
Dick! Damn cousin and her wedding. Doesn't she know I have a U-boat to dive tomorrow and then a Rangers game to go to?
Hmmm. Weddings and bachelor parties really cut into your season this year.
B.I. forcast looks good... NW WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. SEAS 2 TO 4 FT.

Actually they really didn't as much as it seems. Ben's party was on a blowout weekend. I blew one off for the block trip. Another one I was able to at least get in a quick dive before.

Of course with all the gifts, hotel rooms, drinks, and entertainment, I'd probably be half way to my Meg by now!

Jonny_Rocket:
Tomorrow??? I'm still sick but don't care, is there room on the boat???
I don't think so... which is why I didn't mention it.
I just pm'd you the Captain's number.

Ahh the Stolt! That was the original choice of the captain, but he changed his mind in the morning (AND FOR A VERY GOOD REASON!) and we did the mohawk instead. I'll take it The Stolt is much further away than the Mohawk? How long is the ride from Brielle in a boat like the Sea Lion?

coach_izzy:
Ahh the Stolt! That was the original choice of the captain, but he changed his mind in the morning (AND FOR A VERY GOOD REASON!) and we did the mohawk instead. I'll take it The Stolt is much further away than the Mohawk? How long is the ride from Brielle in a boat like the Sea Lion?
Izzy- The Stolt is an "offshore" wreck and is about 18 -20 mi out of Brielle. I went out to it 1x this fall on the Ol' Salty II and it took about 2hrs (I think). The Sea Lion would take about the same time to get out there. YMMV

Back
Top Bottom