The chat is up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Er.. unless I'm missing something, paolov admitted to using the screen name "KlM" in post #15.

It's not at all cool to use a screen name deliberately crafted to appear to be a moderator's screen name. I fail to have any sympathy for your plight. You deserved the kick.

If getting kicked out of a chat room for impersonating a moderator is reason enough for you to leave..... see ya.

If I'm reading it correctly, he didn't use KIM, he used KLM with a lower case L - KlM. It looks like KIM and is not something he should be allowed to get away with, but he didn't technically use someone else's registered screen name. My guess is he did it solely to make people think he was KIM, that's why it shouldn't be allowed.

My question still remains, why when I follow directions and click on the chat button do I not have a chat window open and how do I fix it?

Walter, do you have a popup blocker installed? Including IE7. Try holding the shift key while you click the chat button.

i remember websense, i'm glad my company is too broke now to pay for it :)

Yeah my compnay used to use netnanny than had mothing for a month ior so now they use Websense and have set-up custom blocks :( stupid having to actually do work at work :( :wink:

I am really liking the chat room, the key is to keep a constant flow of chatters. The only thing not positive I can say is the space to enter your registered name limits the number of characters, thus mine would not fit, so I improvised. Went with LBDolphin

I was in the "real" chatroom last night. Apparently, hockeynut was trapped in the "twilight zone" chatroom. He was posting messages on scubaboard and I was relaying them back to the chatroom. So I'm reading along last night, I attempt to post something and am asked to log on again and suddenly I'm trapped in the "twilight zone" chatroom with hockeynut and Alcina. We all tried to get back to reality but failed. I deleted a bunch of cookies and then found myself in a totally new chatroom - alone. Did anyone find themselves in the "other" chatroom or did anyone get back to the "real" one?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom