The case of the EXPLODING FROGS.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RICHinNC

Contributor
Reaction score
I read an interesting article yesterday. Up near Hamburg Germany, there appears to be a very strange phenomenon occuring with the local frogs.

Around 6pm they begin to swell to the extent that they actually, finally, explode. All 'break open" at the same exact spot on their backs.

What really has me worried is, that all the little frog bodies examined have their liver missing. Kinda makes me wonder should I have that second German beer at supper time.

Rich

When I lived in Germany there was an article in the paper about an elderly couple that sued their neighbors because the frogs on their property made so much noise after quiet hours that they couldn't sleep. I never did hear if they won the suit or not but I surmize that this is a plot to silence the frogs after ten pm.

As for the German beer - nothing - absoutely nothing is worth missing the second one.

I read this article too. Actually, their explosions seem to be due to a critical stress when they are attacked by ravens :11:

Yep I remember those quiet hour days. Seems that they are all gone. The noise at night is unreal now. Oh well...all good things pass.

Tom Smedley:
As for the German beer - nothing - absoutely nothing is worth missing the second one.

Except maybe a Belgian one...........:eyebrow:

Probably a new TSA regulation on the way -- "No German toads in your carry-on baggage" :)

The chukacabra is in Europe now????? :11:

You can tell them aint Southern Crows or they woulda ate the legs too :wink:
Thats definitely a bull frog and not a toad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom