The Blue Wild Feb. 21-22

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With Chiefy
22b400d44f8fe8f8b88e1ad2883d41a6.jpg

---------- Post added February 21st, 2015 at 11:54 AM ----------

445bbf4c801fb20cd2bb4df086f61d17.jpg

Hanging with the Woodys

---------- Post added February 21st, 2015 at 12:44 PM ----------

86076be74451d503d71c03aec56cf1c8.jpg

Wookie

---------- Post added February 21st, 2015 at 02:59 PM ----------

fb2cc461858f6f4e2ac845d175b4e5f1.jpg

Kayak diving demo

---------- Post added February 21st, 2015 at 03:38 PM ----------

7910db8ec44b14e7ac71db5e008e27c8.jpg

Johnoly

Must of just missed you. Didn't see Johnoly but finally got to put the hair to the face and name when I met Wookie. Not a bad show, made some good contacts with suppliers and folks. Was worth the drive up from Cutler Bay and kept me out of doing yard work.

awwwh drat. missed you. I tried to get to see everybody, but with some not having booths, it made is a little bit more difficult.

Good show. glad to see it expanding to more scuba, especially since oceanfest is dead.

The Show Producers dialed up a 25 mph east wind, making the convention center the only opportunity for diving. Overall, way better than I thought it would be. Great vendors who were experienced in the water.
It's always good to compare notes with other speros.

Did any one else notice the obvious? Free divers are all in great shape and the scuba folks look like the do most of there dive planning with a quart of hagen daz.

A real diver does hagan daz only after the rum is gone. :D

Sheri:

I'm exhausted! The travel, the set up, the unpacking, the hour after hour of standing and talking, breaking down our display/booth and then packing it up again - definitely takes its toll.

What a GREAT show. Very well worth it. I got to meet so many new people and catch up with old friends. The constant stream of customers coming by with their thanks and sharing their stories and pictures of fish - There's nothing like it.

I have no idea what the attendance was, but it had to be 50% higher than prior years. The best show ever!

Thanks

Dano

Jenny, meeting you was one of the highlights of my show weekend. You are one of the nicest people and always going out of your way to help others with conditions reports and critter spotting. Just great to meet you!!
( P.S. Congrats on that huge new speargun of yours :) )

Hee hee.. you mean I was supposed to bring it home with me? :D

Thanks for the kind words. It was a pleasure meeting you too. I made a special trip back to the booth before we left to make sure I'd meet up with you.

Now, let's dive and put those spearguns to use!

Last edited:
Dano I must have just missed you at the booth. I left a message with Josh today about getting a quote for a pair of the 890 lights and getting me on the waiting list for the flex arms to put on my transformer tray. Looks like one of the best affordable options for my gopro 3. If I ate fish, I'd be ordering a gun too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom