The Blue Grotto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boats

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I had a sweet weekend, was able to make seven dives! :D

Booo-ya!

Dove the Blue Grotto with I Dive. My first time there, it was very nice.

I thought it was the type of dive, that you could do once or twice a year. Nice for those with a yearning to try a maybe "hybrid" cave dive. For lack of a better word.

I Dive did great, with his "hesitation" of diving under, overhangs.

A good day, and that was the first time I've seen 200 feet vis! WOW!

Oh, and the place was EMPTY! Two other divers in the water right before us, and that was it! As we left, a pair of divers were entering the water.

- Boats

Oh, and the place was EMPTY! Two other divers in the water right before us, and that was it! As we left, a pair of divers were entering the water.

- Boats

If you consider the $37 + entry fee per day per diver, you understand why it is empty.

Plus a tank for me! :)

Speaking with the owner, he had a busy weekend. He told us that holidays are normally slow. I would have thought it, just the opposite.

Plus a tank for me! :)

Speaking with the owner, he had a busy weekend. He told us that holidays are normally slow. I would have thought it, just the opposite.

That’s o.k. Some additional revenue may help the owner to stay afloat and keep the Blue Grotto open to divers. There were rumors that he negotiated with several water bottle companies some years back, but the asking price of several million Dollars was too much even for a company like DANONE.

Yeah, he was mentioning that to some divers yesterday. It sounded like from him that it wasn't something he wanted to do and was glad he could avoid it. Who knows, maybe that's why he chose the sky high asking rate, hoping it would shut them up and get them out of his hair but make him an incredible bundle if they bit on it. Regardless, I don't mind the fee for an occasional dive there, every few years or so. It's definitely not on my list of regular sites but when I come across a newbie to local diving it seems like a good way to get them hooked on Florida diving!

Hey, I think yer referring to me as a newbie!

GUILTY! :)

Thanks for getting me over there dude!

High entrance fee + large crowds on weekend (mostly being O/W classes) I try to stay away. Went there for my O/W class 2 years ago, been once since... I think its a neat dive, but not something I would regularly do on weekends.

-Tony DC

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom