The Big Island, Kauai or a cruise?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have been two both Big Island and Kauai , I would pic Kauai any time over The Big Island , more water falls night life, lots more and better beaches, lash green mountains, Big Island is rock and lava. You need a rental car on either island 4 wheel drive to get to some of the best beaches. Diving is good on both islands.
Ed

Thanks again for the opinions. Looks like it's going to be Hawaii, but an off chance that it could still be Kauai. The cruise is out. We're meeting friends who are on a 1 year world trip, and the 14 yr old has found out that one of her school friends will be in Hawaii (not sure which island last we heard) sometime in July.

Since there's so many things we'd like to see and do on either island, I'm thinking we'll dive 4 days max - 2 or 3 morning trips and 1 or 2 manta night dives. We're not beach people, so the lack of soft sandy beaches is not a big deal. On Hawaii, we'll have to do some careful planning and make sure not to mix higher altitude activities with dive days. Or at least that's what I'm gathering from the book I've been reading.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom