Question The Best Small Underwater Scooter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yuri wuu

New
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hello all diver friends,

Have you ever used an underwater scooter that was compact yet powerful? What model was it, and how did it perform during your dives?

Let's get a discussion going about the best options out there. What’s your go-to underwater scooter, and why do you love it?

How about the K5 Underwater Scooter?

The weight only 2.2kg with battery! Top speed of 2m/s, and a standard battery that lasts up to 60 minutes. There’s even an option for a larger battery that extends the run time to 120 minutes.

I’d love to hear your thoughts and experiences on underwater scooters.

That's a pool toy.

A DPV is considerably larger as it has to be powerful and hold large batteries. Much of the stuff from China has magic lumens and magic batteries, i.e. massively overstated.

Dive Xtras Blacktip for example, runs on two DeWalt 18/20 volt 9ah batteries

That's a pool toy.

A DPV is considerably larger as it has to be powerful and hold large batteries. Much of the stuff from China has magic lumens and magic batteries, i.e. massively overstated.

Dive Xtras Blacktip for example, runs on two DeWalt 18/20 volt 9ah batteries

Yes, the Dive Xtras Blacktip looks great too, but its size and weight are too big.
Have you tried any similar small underwater scooters?

Yes, the Dive Xtras Blacktip looks great too, but its size and weight are too big.
Have you tried any similar small underwater scooters?
I want a scooter that works with one hand; that can pull myself around a wreck and between wrecks. I need one that's reliable to get from one end of a battleship (e.g. HMS Audacious) to the other and back again (about 600m with deviations) within the bottom time limit.

Hello all diver friends,

Have you ever used an underwater scooter that was compact yet powerful? What model was it, and how did it perform during your dives?

Let's get a discussion going about the best options out there. What’s your go-to underwater scooter, and why do you love it?

The weight only 2.2kg with battery! Top speed of 2m/s, and a standard battery that lasts up to 60 minutes. There’s even an option for a larger battery that extends the run time to 120 minutes.

Seacraft GO!

Another vote for the Seacraft Go.

As others have said that K5 thing or anything similar is just a TV advertisement pool toy for kids.

What were those dewalt battery powered piranha dpv,s like? I know a couple of guys that had those?

I have test Waydoo Subnados and they performance really well when they are mount in doubles.

Hello all diver friends,

More spam.

Seacraft GO!

Can be operated with one hand, is more or less the size and weight of a small 10L cylinder. In terms of range/time, since we got these things about 6 months ago, we have been doing 4 dives per weekend, about 5-6 hours and covered total range of ~7-8km. We end up with battery indicator at 33%-44%. We use it a half speed to cover large distances, when on the reef we go to the lowest speed and when in wrecks we usually park them when exploring the surroundings.

Me and wife tried hard to find any disadvantages to having these DPVs, so far, we came with only one thing: we feel that with the DPVs we are becoming "Wall-e divers"...
walle_humans.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom