"The Best." Oxygen Analyzer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a divesoft DNA and its really small andbtravel friendly due to smart phone integration
I just got back from a trip and used it for the first time. Worked incredibly well! Staff at the LDS were impressed with it. Also really easy to travel with and priced reasonably. Would definitely recommend.

For what it is worth, I'm going to get the Oxycheq Expedition-X Oxygen Analyzer. It seems to me though this is not as feature rich as the Divesoft ones, I really like the flexibility offered.

I plan to get two test gas cylinders with regulators to be able to do a calibration check each time I would use it. I know that this is probably not viable for traveling, but here are the options I'm selecting to spot check the sensor:

2 LPM Regulator with C-10 connection
Zero Air (Air) Calibration Gas
Pure Oxygen (O2) Calibration Gas

You could probably just use air in the atmosphere to calibrate it.

You could probably just use air in the atmosphere to calibrate it.
That is true. No one has to get those calibration gases and regulator, because the instructions just state you expose it to air and set it to 20.9% O2.

"Ensure that the sensor plug and the sensor cap are removed and the display reading has stabilized.
Expose the analyzer to clean air for a minute and adjust the calibration knob until the display reads
20.9%."

It says you should use 100% O2 really only if you are mixing over 50% O2:

"Calibration is essential prior to every use. For oxygen mixtures above 50% always calibrate in 100%
oxygen before measurement for most accurate results."

It is not that I am going to mix over that amount, but I want to use calibration gases and be extra with it.

I use the correction for humidity using ambient gas, probably not necessary. I have the chart taped to the top of my Analox analyzer dry box.

That is true. No one has to get those calibration gases and regulator, because the instructions just state you expose it to air and set it to 20.9% O2.

"Ensure that the sensor plug and the sensor cap are removed and the display reading has stabilized.
Expose the analyzer to clean air for a minute and adjust the calibration knob until the display reads
20.9%."

It says you should use 100% O2 really only if you are mixing over 50% O2:

"Calibration is essential prior to every use. For oxygen mixtures above 50% always calibrate in 100%
oxygen before measurement for most accurate results."

It is not that I am going to mix over that amount, but I want to use calibration gases and be extra with it.
When I worked at an air analysis lab we would use air to calibrate daily (yes, air is a recognized standard gas for calibration for O2 analyzers) for air and stuff and a certified 95% mix for doing pure O2. Just for fun on a slow day we did a run on nitrox mixtures of 50% and 80% using air as calibration and also the 95% as calibration. The differences were negligible.

It's not really necessary to buy calibration gases for the ranges divers use but you are probably new to the game so whatever floats your boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom