The best deal 4 Poor knights diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree, cost is not the only issue... the friendliness of the staff, going beyond customer expectations.. treating people as individuals... and respect for where people are at in their diving experience are also important..

Sorry but that is not true... all the people I booked were paid for in full..
I would suggest you give Martin and Jill a ring then because they are not under that impression...
There were two that were not paid for.

HI. Thought you might like to know that Dive! Tutukaka has a deal going on for winter. Two days diving including tanks, weights and air fills. Plus a nights accommadation for $245.00. This is a great dive company that dives all year round. The winter diving is awesome and the boats are nice and quiet during the cooler months! Not that cold, the water is still 19 degrees.

Ibut if you want a luxury lunch then PK dive wins hands down..

Not so sure about that..... it's a good lunch, I agree, but not the best.

The best lunch is that which Alex from Bluzone does on his boat, Rumblefish. The chef from Greens (?), the restuarant in the Sports Club in Ngunguru prepares it.... we had some delicious marinaded mushrooms last time we went out with them (admittedly, some time ago now). I also like the fact that Alex offers three-dive days.

All of the charters to the Knights have something to offer, there's no one "best" operator.

What it boils down to for me is the skipper on the day.... I'd rather not dive than dive off a perfect boat on a brilliant day, but with a skipper I don't get on with.

I agree Andy, the skipper on any dive trip can make the day. Alot going out to the Knights are very good. Some arn't.

I agree Andy, the skipper on any dive trip can make the day. Alot going out to the Knights are very good. Some arn't.

Most are ok, I think.... but some are exceptional, in either direction away from mediocre!

My best days have been with Tris J, Luke and Jury (all who work, or have worked for D!T) and Noel from Yukon. I've also got a lot of time for Mark from Pacific Hideaway. All of them know the islands, are very flexible and like to accomodate what I want to do for the day.

They're not the only good skippers - if you spend the time and build a relationship, then you'll get a good day out of anyone.

Not so sure about that..... it's a good lunch, I agree, but not the best.

The best lunch is that which Alex from Bluzone does on his boat, Rumblefish. The chef from Greens (?), the restuarant in the Sports Club in Ngunguru prepares it.... we had some delicious marinaded mushrooms last time we went out with them (admittedly, some time ago now). I also like the fact that Alex offers three-dive days.

All of the charters to the Knights have something to offer, there's no one "best" operator.

Do bear in mind that Poor Knights Divers don't charge for lunch though, it is complimentary!

Last edited:
By the way, I am not sure if Alex offers lunches anymore but I am pretty sure he was using Greens, which is at the Ngunguru Sports Complex. You should stop by there if you are in the area, in Ngunguru (just turn down Kopipi Crescent, on the waterfront, first turning before the shops) as the food is very good and exellent value for money, plus drinks are a bit cheaper

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom