"The Bermuda Triangle: Into Cursed Waters"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I finally finished all of the episodes I'd recorded on DVR. I really enjoyed the program! Lots of cool footage and some very nice discoveries. Well done @aue-mike! Thank you for your involvement. I really enjoyed watching.

My only comments, and I wouldn't call them criticisms, is one, the narration got a bit goofy at times discussing the complex diving aspects. The description of drysuits and why you guys were wearing them on your deep dives was particularly humorous. Two, the use of stock shark footage that looked to be from one of the Palm Beach County shark-feeding operations to show the sharks that had been circling you guys on deco was a bit odd the way it was editted in, but I'm sure most people wouldn't even have noticed. My wife didn't.

By and large it was an enjoyable, well-done program. I've been intrigued by the Bermuda Triangle ever since I was a little boy. I loved the history, the research, and the cool diving scenes. Some of your dives were definitely highly technical. If you end up doing another season or series of episodes, I will certainly be watching.

Thanks @Divin'Papaw. And I agree with your observations on narration, edits, and other issues that we also were surprised to see due to lack of involvement.
History renewed the series for a second season but I have declined participation due to personal reasons.

Thanks @Divin'Papaw. And I agree with your observations on narration, edits, and other issues that we also were surprised to see due to lack of involvement.
History renewed the series for a second season but I have declined participation due to personal reasons.

Bummer you won't be involved. I think you brought alot to the show. I enjoyed your analysis, passion, and expertise. I especially like your hairstyle. You wear your hair very similar to myself. :rofl3: But I will most likely watch season two regardless. I'm a sucker for documentaries like this. Yes, I will admit to having seen every episode of Oak Island. Sometimes I feel like I should find a 12-step program for documentary addicts.

1696365060760.png

Ok Mikey. I am going to watch that. Give us a reminder that week please.

I watched season 1 (without having seen this post) and it was good. I look forward to watching season 2. If I could ask for anything besides the noted shark editing and dramatization of diving, would be to spend more time on the investigation side. I felt like several discoveries could have been longer format documentaries or docuseries of their own.

Season 2 premiere tonight on The HISTORY Channel at 10 PM EST.

Already setup on the DVR!

I thought you weren't going to participate on Season 2? Glad to see that changed!

Season 2 premiere tonight on The HISTORY Channel at 10 PM EST.
Mike, thanks for the reminder. I will watch it tonight.
When are we going diving?

Back
Top Bottom