The Battle: Santi BZ400 Extreme vs Weezle Extreme

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DevilEyeDog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED ME NARROW IT DOWN.

I've narrowed it down to Santi BZ400 vs Weezle Extreme.
(Sorry to all the other brands. You are good I'm sure, but this is what I've gravitated to)

Buoyancy? I've heard Santi requires a lot more weight.
Flexibility? Weezle swears they are better.
Warmth? I'd love someone who actually has worn both. Which one is warmer? Santi says they've got Weezle beat.

So who wins the battle?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

I tried a Weezle several years ago and currently have a BZ400. I prefer the Santi. Best way to find what you prefer is to borrow/rent both and see which suits you better.

I tried the Santi, but no one has heard of a Weezle let alone sells them here.

Are either waterproof on the outside? I think the Santi is? How cold Re your waters for diving with by 400? Chilly chillly

Last winter when I got got drysuit certified it was 32F or 0C. So it's cold.

I don't believe either one are water proof, but now I'll have to check!

Are either waterproof on the outside? I think the Santi is? How cold Re your waters for diving with by 400? Chilly chillly

No, neither are waterproof. Santi outer layer is polyamide. It does get wet quite easily.
Santi 400 has a long break in period until you are able to find your correct weighting. It will also feel too tight until the material breaks in. I'd say it will change constantly for the first 30+ dives and maybe a wash.
I dive a stock XLL size BZ400x which is oversized according to Santi size chart. It was too tight and restricting for the first 50 dives, now it feels good.

Have not tried the Santi but I can tell you the Weezle is GTG. Love mine and highly recommend.

Thanks Taimen and Kgdiver! Good thoughts. I heard the same "break in" period for the Santi and that weighting can be tricky. But, if you're warm then that's great! I also heard great things about Weezle, but there's no way I can try one where I live so I'd have to buy it and take the chance.

Back
Top Bottom