The Bahamas (Did you enjoy them)

Did you enjoy diving the Bahamas?

• Totally

Votes: 39 52.7%
  • Had a good/great time

Votes: 25 33.8%
  • Average... little better then diving area lakes at home.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Didnt care for it much.

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • I'd save my money next time for another trip.

Votes: 6 8.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xtracheese4me:
For those of you that have dove the Bahamas......partically the new Providance island... did you enjoy it???

Yeah...it was my first warm water trip. Saw sharks, pretty fish, a wall dive over a 6000 foot deep trench...good stuff.

I dived with Stuart's Cove. They pick up from all Cable Beach and Paradise Island hotels.

It was average for Caribbean diving. The shark dive was worth it. I can also recommend Stuart Coves.

I have stayed in Nassau 3 times. First 2 times I stayed at the Radisson-Cable Beach. It was pretty nice. The third time I was there we stayed at Sandals. Had a great time! I have only dove w/ Sandals & that is where I did my OW check out dives. A few years later, now that I have some dive experience, I realize the diving wasn't great. I give it about a 6 out of a possible 10. The shark dive was really cool! I would go back to Nassau again, if the price was right.
There is alot to do topside, you should have a good time.

Thanks to everyone. I look forward to a good time going. Looks like stuart's cove is the place to have a good time too.. not overly priced either I got a quote from them for 2 people 8 dives each (16 dives total) including the shark feeder program and a night dive for an average of $40 a dive.

I've only been to New Providence once. I primarily like Bimini for Diving, but have not been to all locations in the Bahamas. I'm looking forward to getting out to San Salvador in the next year.

I voted to same my money next time for another trip, I've been to the Bahamas 3 times.
If you want some really great diving, try T&C, it's next to the Bahamas and it's way way way better! I also was not impressed with locals coming up to me and asking if I wanted to party with dope, women or coke! This just shows what a degraded place it is becoming. Although you'll find tropicals (fish) there, they can be few and far between.
The weather was really nice each time I was there.

Caymaniac

New Providence has some of the best reefs I have been on. And that was 10 years ago. Check out the reefs around Balmoral Island North of Cable Beach.

Back
Top Bottom