The Bahamas (Did you enjoy them)

Did you enjoy diving the Bahamas?

• Totally

Votes: 39 52.7%
  • Had a good/great time

Votes: 25 33.8%
  • Average... little better then diving area lakes at home.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Didnt care for it much.

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • I'd save my money next time for another trip.

Votes: 6 8.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We stay on Grand Bahama Island.

We stay at Ocean Reaf Yacht Club and Resort. It's a gated community. You don't have people offering to braid your hair or sell you dope. When we want to go out, Port Lucaya is nearby. The Public Bus get's you there for $1.

We dive with Grand Bahama Scuba

Grand Bahama Scuba is on site at the resort. It's just a short walk from our room to the boat!! The diving is great!! Nice Boat and excellent staff!! Great Diving!!

Grand Bahama Scuba was recently voted #1 in the Bahamas by Scuba Diving Magazine!!

I liked the Diving though it did have some drawbacks and did not care for the Bahamas much above water, although it is a beautiful place and there are some nice ppl.

I dove with Stuart Coves-shark dive and on Harbour Island

The dive with SC was my best dive experience to date, I can see where it could be cattle dives at times, but there were only 8 on our trip. They have good equiptment, fast boats, friendly staff, and a very nice setup at their shop.
The diving in Harbour was very average. The shop I arranged my trip with told me when I arrived "we cannot go out, the port authority has told us since our boats are not Bahamian owned, if we sail, they will confiscate them". They said they had been in business for 6 years. Of the 6 dives I had planned to do with them they managed to get me out for 2 dives with the other dive op on the island. Needless to say, this did not make me happy.

Above water, the Bahamas are a beautiful place. I found the people in Nassau to be not so friendly. I found them to definately look at you as a mark, a dollar sign, and to not really care that whatever they have, its due to the visitors. It is definately cruise ship heaven. Aside from Bay st, cable beach, and paradise island you will not feel safe,comfortable, or welcome mixing with the locals.

I found the ppl to be much more friendly in the out islands. They are all a proud and independent sort.

I would go back to try the diving in San Salvador,Andros or Bimini but I dont think I would go back to Nassau or go there for anything else. There are far to many places where I am made to feel very welcome, like Costa Rica.

Interesting thread. Im Diving this weekend with Stuarts Cove so ill be posting a trip report back here.

We have never done any Boat dives, this will be our first. We have only been shore diving thusfar. We are just excited to hit some warm water, we live in AZ and the lakes here right now are pretty damn cold.

Should be fun! Hopefully. We are staying at Atlantis for the 6 days we will be there so that should be very nice as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom