The 737 is DOWN!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nalidixic

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all. Just heard on BCTV morning news that the 737 is officailly down. I honestly can't remeber off the top of my head where they said it went down, but I am POSITIVE that its finally underwater. The total bill on the project was 64 thousand dollars according to the news. If anyone gets to dive it, let us know what its like. It was lowered with stilts on in so that you will be able to swim right under it. Woohoo, I see a dive trip coming on soon.

Mike

How far from shore it is? How deep?

I like Chemainus. Maybe I'll make a detour when I'm in Canada this year.

R..

All the detail you might want is at the website www.divemaster.ca

However it is at about 90 feet - runs north south - a boat dive not a shore dive.

At low tide you could swim it if one were so inclined. it is a fair distance but not out of the question. And unless you have free access to a local boat, a lot cheaper too.

depth was reported at 27 meters (about 89 feet) total depth to bottom with the top of the wreck being at around 21 meters (about 69 feet). This was according to one of the news reports I saw on it.

Distance to shore is just over 500 mtrs. That's a bit of a swim.

The range circles are set at 200 mtrs.

737LS.jpg

Back
Top Bottom