That weightless feeling......?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I forgot to mention that on my first wall dive I saw three huge spotted eagle rays and three whitetips. I was so amazed, especially since I only had like 8 dives under my belt

God, I love diving. No matter how stressed or excited I am, when I go on a dive, I just relax. Is there anything better than diving?

I am comfortably under water. I'm not scared and I love exploring. However, I don't feel as free to move around with the equipment on. Maybe I'll feel better. I only have 5 dives and I'll be doing 5 more in a couple of weeks. I know I'm neutrally bouyant, but when I want to move/swim/turn I feel slow with all that stuff on.

In two weeks I'll be doing a deep dive on a wreck. Under instructor supervision so please don't worry. Hopefully I'll get the weightless feeling during one of those dives...:)

I'll also being doing a night dive....:)

strfsh once bubbled...
I am comfortably under water. I'm not scared and I love exploring. However, I don't feel as free to move around with the equipment on. Maybe I'll feel better. I only have 5 dives and I'll be doing 5 more in a couple of weeks. I know I'm neutrally bouyant, but when I want to move/swim/turn I feel slow with all that stuff on.

In two weeks I'll be doing a deep dive on a wreck. Under instructor supervision so please don't worry. Hopefully I'll get the weightless feeling during one of those dives...:)

I'll also being doing a night dive....:)

I do feel like I'm flying....however I don't feel like a super sonic jet...more like the birds that you see riding the air currents. I don't do anything quickly (or try not to anyway)..it's one of the good things with diving....it forces me to slow down, think before acting, and not just zip around.

You might not feel the gear as much with a few more dives.

Peace,
Cathie

voidware once bubbled...
Is there anything better than diving?

Not a chance!

It is amazing how relaxing it is...yet how it can be such a rush sometimes too. No matter what I've been worrying about throughout the day, I get into my gear and jump into the water, lay back and just float....and it all just drifts away. Once I'm under the water I feel great and I don't stop grinning once I'm out!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom