Thanx to all

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know yall had a great time- such great company just requires it. FooMan and I went to our land instead (about 15 min drive) late yesterday afternoon, and stayed in our camper. We're on a pit-stop at home before returning back out there for the night. Again, I'm sorry I had to stand you up, yall know where I would have rather been... Maybe in a couple of weeks, and we will definitely be looking to camp a lot the remainder of spring/summer. Welcome to the swamp, 1texasdiver- I hope Timeliner told you we wouldn't be making the trip before you waited TOO long! (He's a waskully fellow)

So, how was the vis/

A wise man once said, "Great vis is overrated" but I'll answer the question anyway. Along the wall, to the airplane and back it was 15-25'. By the shark it was 5-10'. Not as good as last spring but way better than late last summer. There was good ambient light along the bottom of the trench at 40-45' so we didn't need dive lights. I almost needed shades in the shallows.

It was all good. For the record, Gena and I are not married. I am not sure where 1TexasDiver got that idea; but oh well. It was all good. I got to bumble around the park a while. I think this was the first time I have been to CSSP since July 2008. Go figure.

Navigation and dry suit buoyancy on dive #1 were very questionable. Navigation and buoyancy on dive #2 was almost as good as days of old. Almost. I did miss a platform by 8 ft. Unacceptable by my standards.

I did hit the rope to the silos in open water; so I am getting better. I didn't hit head on this time. I think I had to outstretch an arm :). Thank you very much. I was surprised. There was still ambient light available at 57 ft. I didn't need my dive light. Very unusual. Kind of weird. It surprised me. I was somewhat disappointed. To quote timeliner, 'Good vis is overrated'.

Welcome to the swamp, 1texasdiver-

(thanx, I think):confused:

I hope Timeliner told you we wouldn't be making the trip before you waited TOO long! (He's a waskully fellow) -

In between his tall tales I think he did mention it

So, how was the vis/

1st dive we followed Richerso, so you know what it was like:wink:
rest of the dives it was really nice, except for where all the student were playing

You guys are making me jealous about all the scuba diving.............. :(

Keep up the diving my buds.....I will keep reading!!!!!!

:)

Ooops! our mistake , hope we didn't offend her by our assumption:D

No offense taken! I really enjoyed your message.

I really enjoyed meeting everyone. 1TexasDiver and Mary, Bogrady, Timeliner, Natalie and zzKing, ( I already knew richardso). Special thank you to everyone there. I had not been diving in a while and it had been a couple of years since I had been diving in my dry suit. So my first dive of the day was like a beginning dive for newbie.... My second dive was smoother and realized I should never ever go this long again being out of the water. I was so impressed by everyone and everyone was so helpful. Thank you all!
I really look forward to being able to meet up with everyone again! I enjoyed the bones ceremony...that was way cool! And I got to see and tour the famous "Gypsy Girl". I also learned all about "Hair Nation". It was a great time.

Last edited:
Mary and I would like to thank our new friends up north for their hospitality yesterday.We really enjoyed meeting everyone that showed up at the CSSP get together. Although the water was quite cold, the S/I's were warm and friendly.What a wonderful group of people to bring me and MARY in as official swampers:)rofl3:)

.A special thanx goes to bogrady,without his travels away from home we may not have had this opportunity.See you in Austin

Foo, I hope the knee heals- stronger,better,and faster-sorry ya'll could attend , we stayed a little later than planned in hopes of meeting you. Next time I hope you'll feel up to a visit and dive.

Timeliner-I need more time to hear some more of your classic tails.Thanx for sharing your Bone Ceremony

ZzzKing-your daughter is an angel. it was our pleasure to me you both

Richerso- well???? any way it was nice to meet your other half ,what a very nice lady,your a lucky man

psiborg1812- sorry we could spend more time with you, keep up the studies.

Thanx again to all,we are looking foward to a trip up north again very soon(after the water warms)

Rick and Mary

I'm a bit late chiming in here (got home about 9 on Saturday and then became depressed as Villanova was crushed by North Carolina. Then worked all day in the yard Sunday) but I couldn't have said it any better so I'll just steal it from Rick - It was a pleasure to meet you all finally. Thanks for taking the time to come out and hosts my little diversion to luxuriate in the fine cold waters of your local mud hole. Special thanks to Rick and Mary for comming all the way up just so I could use their tailgate.

Right back at ya 1TexasDiver and all the rest of you new and always new to me folks !
Man... the wind was howlin' last night at our camp site !!!!

ZzzKing and I got to do some Para Sailing by the light of the Moon. We tied off a water ski rope to the back of the RV and were able to reach altitudes high enough to see all of CSSP and the surrounding areas.
Then to add to the drama our camp fire went nuts due to the high winds and got totally out of control early this morning.
Firefyter arrived just in time with a ladder truck and put out the blaze.

We had a Banjo - 2 flat top Guitars- several Harmonicas - a bag of Mojo Bones too but it was too breezy this morning to do any pickin', but what the heck....
The rest of the weekend... Well... was just the stuff dreams are made of.

Frank is modestly leaving out the part where he went to 166' alone on a single half full AL80. He says it was unintended but think he just wanted to start another flaming ...

frank is modestly leaving out the part where he went to 166' alone on a single half full al80. He says it was unintended but think he just wanted to start another flaming ...

Incoming! Hit the deck!

Sorry I couldn't dive with you guys, but I did enjoy getting to meet some of you! I'll have to get away from the students sometime and just dive with you guys! Hope we didn't scare ya'll with our mock rescue!

Edit: does anybody know is CSSP is open this Saturday?

Back
Top Bottom