Thanksgiving Weekend - Saturday or Sunday Dive??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

McLovinIt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi....just wondering if anybody would be interested in a walk-in shore dive somewhere around Tampa / St. Pete on Saturday or Sunday? New to this site and sport. Just looking to get in the water as much as possible....even if it's simple and boring!! Just trying not to go alone! Are there even any local places that could be done from shore??

Hope to hear from you guys!
Take care

There is a big Turkey fry down on Venice beach on Saturday. There is a thread on it on the board. The closest shore dive to Tampa is The Spanish Rocks down on Anna Maria Island. If you do a search here on the board you will find plenty of info on the dive. It is a great dive and one that I recommend for newer divers. Depth is only about 20'. The bad part is that after the rain we have had for the last couple of days the viz will probably be pretty bad down there.
My suggestion for Saturday would be to head down to Venice and look for sharks teeth with the crew down there or head to a spring up in the Ocala area. I'm sure if you decide to do a spring you will be able to find dive buddy if you post the trip on the board.

Check my sig line for the festivities Git-R-Dun was speaking of. You are very welcome to join us. Plus I am not sure just how new you are... Out at Spanish Rocks you will need a dive flag - well any dive site actually. Also I'd think you'd definitely want someone to show you the ropes, if you will, especially your first time out. :) Venice is free and you can meet new buddy's. Plus we will have food. What could be better? :D

Thanks git-r-dun and Missdirected (great name btw!). Looks like that's not too bad of a drive. I'll check the thread and post there. Thanks again!

Thanks Da Nizz. Enjoying it already!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom