Thanksgiving week dive at Texoma 11/24

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YellowfinKunkfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Kunk35 and I are going to do a Thanksgiving dive at Texoma Monday the 24th. Anyone that wants to join us is welcome. We aren't sure yet where we want to dive at yet, we'd like to try to find a new spot that doesn't involve the thousand steps of pain. We are going to scout around a little for someplace new, anyone else that has any ideas, speak up. We thought about maybe going to Murray, but if nobody else wants to join us, we're just going to make a quick trip over to Texoma. We realize that most of you will probably have to work that day, and won't be able to make it, but we thought we'd ask anyway. We wanted to get it in, before all of our company gets here Tuesday, and Wednesday. I have to cook you know.:D Wherever we set up, we'll bring the white pop-up shade with the zip on sides, and our heater.

Rhonda

What time are you looking to get started? I couldn't make it up there until about 10:30 or so depending on traffic.

If you haven't already, pick up a Texoma fishing map. It will have all the parks and such. As you go up river vis will get worse.

I have heard repeatedly that diving on the Okie side is better. The vis is better and the access is better.

Congrats on your nav work.

How are you two getting to play hookie from work??? I'll be chained to my desk that day.

I think I should call in sick that day :wink:

Yes sir.... home with the Flu.. huggin' the throne feelin' so really bad and all.

Nobody would believe me though.. I never get that sick on a work day.
I should tell them I'm going diving they would believe that.
:crafty:

How are you two getting to play hookie from work??? I'll be chained to my desk that day.

School is closed all that week, and Kory scheduled his vacation that week, a while back. Originally we had planned to dive down south that week at the Comal. We never did find a decent place to camp though, and the details, and plans just sort of fell apart. Now we've got company coming in so..... we're stuck diving around here.

Frank: Take the day off!! Diving is more important than work!:D
Rhonda

I'm having a Colon Screening the Friday before that. ( liquid diet :coffee:)
Ahhhh... the joys of getting older.......

I could say that they found a mask a snorkel up there and had to remove them on Monday. :shakehead:
People tell me all the time that I have my head up there anyway so it may work as a excuse.

I am so not looking forward to being as old as Frank. Geez!
Uh! Oh! I got some hail hitting the skylight . . . . . right now!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom