Thanks Mods!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ve had similar experience with the report button as Don, and second his applause. (or third, or whatever)

Shipping our USA swill to you would be cost prohibitive. :shocked2:

Now if you happen to be in Bonaire second week of November, drinks are on me!:D

Cudos to the Mod Squad!

Hey guys,
Our local beerdealers will take internet orders and c-card or paypal.:rofl3:
get moving please,I'm drying up.I can't do my job when dry.:rofl4:

Now, about this speed problem? SB continues to be the slowest site I visit, for anything...?

We have ordered a new (kick ass) database server. This will increase performance dramatically. We'll be having that put in shortly after DEMA show.

There's another project that is consuming a lot of our admin time right now... look for it next week :wink:

:confused: This thread loaded in 0.02 seconds.:D
Sometimes it does, generally it's slow - slower than Walmart.com, other message boards, etc - even slower than AOL, and I'm on Firefox. Pity those on IE and Dialup getting timed out.

I didn't mean to set this gratitude thread up as a trick to open up a whine session, tho. Sorry.
We have ordered a new (kick ass) database server. This will increase performance dramatically. We'll be having that put in shortly after DEMA show.

There's another project that is consuming a lot of our admin time right now... look for it next week :wink:
I don't know how these things work, what really is happening, or how long we've been hearing that story - but I'll look forward to next week's changes.

I don't know how these things work, what really is happening, or how long we've been hearing that story - but I'll look forward to next week's changes.
Don, we have added a lot of bandwidth as well as additional servers. It's just hard to keep up with our popularity and still eat! :D Don't expect this next server to be online until mid to late November. It won't get here before I leave for DEMA, and I don't plan on being back until November 15th.

Oh ok, TY. :)

There's no story... Last year... We upgraded to multiple servers... This was a vast improvement. Now we're upgrading our Database server to be faster and be able to handle the hundreds of queries being executed every minute.

To clarify what I said earlier...Next week's thing has nothing to do with improving the performance of the site. Next week's thing is a new feature, not a change.

Back
Top Bottom