Thanks Kaimana....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raina79

Registered
Reaction score
...for some great diving!! And thanks to all on this board who recommended Gabe - I was thoroughly impressed with the op he runs and had a blast exploring underwater Oahu!

Went diving with KD's on Aug 22-23. Unfortunately I only had 2 days to spend diving, as I was travelling with non-divers. We were staying on Kailua Beach and the drive there only took about 45 mins during mid-week morning rush hour - not bad! The boat we were on left at 7:30am each day and was back by 10:45 (latest) leaving me back in Kailua by 11:30......a perfect schedule for someone travelling with people who don't dive.

So, the boat was great - lots of shade, tunes a pumpin', snacks and bevvies for anybody who wanted them, and best of all there was about 8-10 divers each day (inc. guides) on a boat built to fit significantly more (it was either 18 or 28?). I guess this is an advantage of diving when everyone else is at work : ) Gabe did almost everything for me in terms of setting up equipment....I did what I could, but I was pretty much pampered in that respect. Dive briefings were great - loved hearing a little history about the different wrecks we were going to be seeing. Now for the fun part......

.....\\ splash //....the diving! I was soooo lucky to be the only diver both mornings we went diving...that was the first bonus! Secondly we saw some pretty cool stuff! Day 1 we went to the YO257/San Pedro first, then Horseshoe Reef. Saw plenty of turtles, trumpetfish, afew eels, one being the yellowmargin moray. That was a first for me - very cool. Horseshoe Reef we happened upon an octopus in it's hole (also a first for me!) and had the pleasure of diving most of the dive to the playful clicking of whistling of spinner dolphins, seeing them above us at the surface for a brief moment towards the end of our dive. The next day we dove the Sea Tiger and Kewalo Pipe. Afew things we saw were a pair of spotted eagle rays, more trumpets, a frogfish perfectly camafloughed on the bow of the boat, porcupine fish, more else, and a hawksbill turtle, which is apparently a rare thing to see in Hawaii.

All and all my dives on Oahu were fabulous! I wouldn't think twice about recommending Kaimana Divers - I was more then impressed! Thanks Gabe for a couple days of great diving, great conversation, and I'll be callin' ya when I get my DM to take you up on that offer!! :eyebrow:

Rayna,

I'm glad you had a great time. You were lucky to get Gabe all to your self. He's a great guy and very knowledgeable.

Back
Top Bottom