Thanks for making me feel so welcome.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HPT3

Reaction score
Being a new member, I would like to thank the 2 couples that made me feel so warm and welcome at Dutch on Sept. 25 at your first annual get together. After I introduced myself, they said that they were diving in about an hour.

I just assumed some of the reasons why the 1st Annual Reunion was put together, was to meet new divers and so new club members could dive with full members, and then themselves become a full member.

I guess I was wrong, because as I finished unpacking all my gear and began suiting up, the two couples had finished suiting up, and headed off to the quarry. No, "We'll meet you down there". No, "Take your time. We'll wait." They just matter-a-factly picked up their gear and left.

I'm a pretty thick skinned person, so I must say, it didn't bother me and I had other people there I was diving with anyway. But please, if your going to advertize your club, in addition to e-mailing me an invitation to come dive with you and then turn around and blow me off. DO NOT CONSIDER ME A MEMBER.

Sincerely,
HPT3
Former member.
P.S. If there was a smilie with his middle finger stuck in the air, it would be here.

HPT3:
Being a new member, I would like to thank the 2 couples that made me feel so warm and welcome at Dutch on Sept. 26 at your first annual get together. After I introduced myself, they said that they were diving in about an hour.

I just assumed some of the reasons why the 1st Annual Reunion was put together, was to meet new divers and so new club members could dive with full members, and then themselves become a full member.

I guess I was wrong, because as I finished unpicking all my gear and began suiting up, the two couples had finished suiting up, and headed off to the quarry. No, "We'll meet you down there". No, "Take your time. We'll wait." They just matter-a-factly picked up their gear and left.

I'm a pretty thick skinned person, so I must say, it didn't bother me and I had other people there I was diving with anyway. But please, if your going to advertize your club, in addition to e-mailing me an invitation to come dive with you and then turn around and blow me off. DO NOT CONSIDER ME A MEMBER.

Sincerely,
HPT3
Former member.
P.S. If there was a smilie with his middle finger stuck in the air, it would be here.

lol you told them

As far as I know, it was only myself and the Bens diving this morning... When we got out, Sergie (sp sorry) was there... I dove with him one dive and the Bens went out together... I wasn't aware that there was anybody else from the club even there... I myself am a new member, was at DS all weekend and had a blast.

If your name is Henry, then you are talking about myself, Jen and the other "couple" that was there, who were actually instructors teaching us a class.

I'm sorry that you felt bad enough to write that long post, but you misunderstood what we said to you, and are getting bent over nothing.

I told you that we had to do one last "dive" as part of the class we were taking. I then told you that everyone else would be back in an hour, and you could either dive with them, or do the next dive (meaning not the class dive, but the "next" one that afternoon) with us after we got back.

We didn't wait or say " meet you down there" because we weren't expecting you to be coming on that first dive. When you said you were going to get your gear, we expected to find you up at the table BSing with everyone else when we got back.

Just so you know, when we got back from that class dive, we were looking around for you and asking if anyone had seen you come back. Also, if you look at my post from today in the thread about the weekend, you'll see I was asking about you on the board before you even posted this thread.

Again, sorry for the misunderstanding, but that's all it was, not a Wreck Valley conspiracy to exclude you. We actually had several first timers there yesterday and I think they all felt welcome.

Scott

ThatsMe:
lol you told them

Thanks- That was helpful. Hopefully your other 63 posts are as fact filled and relevant as this one was.....

Back
Top Bottom