Thanks for all the advice! My Wife _loved_ discover scuba and starts OW cert July 8!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

baggins_69

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Thanks for all the advice when I asked a few months ago about how to help my wife succeed.

She ended up doing an SSI pool based "try scuba" with our LDS (2 hrs classroom gear familiarization then 3 hrs in the pool learning the basics, getting comfortable, playing games)

then on our trip to St Croix, I just booked us one morning PADI Discover Scuba 2 tank boat dive with a shop I knew well. it ended up being just her with the instructor (1 on 1)

I then stayed out of the way and purposely didn't dive with her and the instructor, instead diving with the main group.

she loved it, absolutely lost her mind. wanted to do it again, so I scheduled another trip a couple days later. That went even better (due to familiarity and improving technique) and she immediately said "why did I wait so long? I want to get certified right away"

to avoid overdoing it, we just snorkeled the rest of the week.

Thanks again for all the advice!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom