Thanks Carlos and Christina of scubageek.net

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kaliber35

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I ordered a Promate stainless steel folding knife from their store on 4/3/2010. Two weeks later I didn't have a tracking number or the item. My account status just reflected "processing". Unsure of what this meant, I emailed customer service. I got no reply and over the following week I emailed a few more times with no results. Frustrated, I tired calling the number and it was not in service. Their site looked like a template versus an actual site. I became worried. Finally, I looked into the registration of the site and finally got a name and phone number of the register site domain. I called and left a message.

I was called back within an hour. I was surprised. Carlos informed me that the site was under updates. He told me that he would look into my order. He did so and informed me that my item was on backorder. Not wanting to wait, I asked for a full refund.

Christina emailed me with the following:
I have good news for you! You and Carlos had discussed the possibility of substituting to an upgrade if available so he is having me send you the Promate Seal Titanium Folding Knife in place of the Stainless Steel model you ordered. I’m sure you will be happy with the upgrade to the Titanium model.

Thank you so much for you kindness and your patience. We appreciate your diligence in trying to contact us and sincerely apologize for the issues on our end. I will complete the shipment tonight so it will go out in tomorrow’s mail and you will get a tracking number in a separate email.

Have a great weekend!

Christina

They certainly didn't have to upgrade me at all. It would have been much easier for them to just charge my card back and be done with it. However, they wanted to express their appreciation for my business and offer a fair compensation for my time and concern.

In the end I am happy. It seems like customer service does still exist.

Thank you Carlos and Christina of TheScubaGeek.net

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom