Thank you to all, I'll still be around for many years

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frogman62

Contributor
Reaction score
All, 26 months ago I joined Compressor Team, ScubaBoard and Talon airgun forum and started a web site (sheldensportinggoods.com). I had over 50 Kidde compressors remaining is stock after buying and building units for over 40 years. My objective was to sell most of the units since I was basically retired and they are not edible.
WELL what occurred was extraordinary. I have sold 64 complete systems ( I bought some more compressors along the way) and now have only the following remaining.
1 - 2.4 cfm compressor 2 HP electric 4500/5000PSI
4 - 4.2 cfm compressors 3 HP elec or gas 4500/5000PSI
3 - 6.0 cfm compressors 5 HP electric 4500/5000PSI
The 4.2 and 6.0 are continuous duty and will work for small dive shops. I used them in my dive shop for 25 years and we filled 250 tanks /week.
BUT don't get excited -- I have lots of spare parts and still plan to build units or sell components to people who have their own kidde compressors.
If you know of someone who has been thinking of getting a compressor - they better get one because I don't think these will be here long.

Thanks to all of you who have purchased compressors and I'll still support them for a good long time. I still intend to support Scuba Board and compressor team. Diving for an old Frogman is just a little slower.
Frogman62
Jim Shelden
316-992-0505

I bought one of Jim Shelden's E6.0 compressors, along with three filtration units 14 months ago, and they have been remarkable in the way they perform. The air quality is extremely high, and the compressor and filtration units are very easy to use and maintain. My set up has done exactly like Jim said it would, the price was very fair, and I have been completely satisfied.

Jim's customer service is outstanding, and he returns phone calls quickly and answers questions thoroughly. If you need a high quality compressor, he knows what he's doing, and I highly recommend dealing with him. In case you're wondering, I am not affiliated at all with his business; I'm just a very satisfied customer!

Thanks Jim!

Thanks B, We try to keep everyone happy and filling tanks
Jim

It's been a pleasure to deal with you, always on time, always nice, always competent.
any chance you had some time to investigate the "massachusetts unit"?
cheers,
nick.

Nick,
Your compressor, which I attempted to repair and then purchased from you because I couldn't fix, it had multiple problems. First I really wanted to see why it was not working-- part pride and curiosity because I normally don't have any difficulty repairing Kidde compressors and I didn't like to charge you and then not have the compressor work properly.
My original plan was to use it for spare parts, but my curiosity got the best of me --I'm too old to accept that I can't fix one of these after selling over 600 compressor in 40 years. It had excessive blowbuy from the third stage piston causing the oil to blow out through the reservoir over pressure vent. Second the 4 th stage piston was stuck and I couldn't get it released.
Since the crankshaft, bearings, seals, 1st and 2nd stage were all very good, I replaced both the 3rd and 4th stages with new assemblies from my stock and now the compressor works well.
Really a complete major overhaul was needed to bring the original compressor(which you purchased before sending it to me for repair) up to very good condition. If I had done that in the beginning your cost would have been an additional $675.00 over the original price you paid for the bare compressor. I hope that our transactions made you feel better (financially) than loosing a lot of money on your original purchase. Buying any unit from ebay or gov't liquidation has some risk -- I know because I have made a few mistakes myself, but I have so many spares that I can usually make a bad decision not so painful.
Jim Shelden

All, Things are not as bad as I projected in September, I have sold 3 more units HOWEVER, I have found and purchased 6 more very good Kidde 4.2 CFM compressors and 2 more 2.4 CFM compressors. I am building drive systems for them and will have them on the web site in 2-3 weeks. If you continue to seek HARD -- you will find. Happy Diving and Let me know if you need anything
Frogman 62
Jim Shelden
316-992-0505

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom