Thailand Nov-Dec 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSteve

Wow.....what a DB
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
OK, so I have clicked PURCHASE on almost everything pertaining to our flights and resorts within Thailand.

We will have 13 nights at The Ancient Real Resort on Koh Lanta. We arrive on Koh lanta after flying from Toronto to Phuket, 1 night in Phuket and then 4 nights in Kao Sok. Following our 13 nights on Koh Lanta, we have 3 nights in Bangkok before our long flight home.

What dive operators do you recommend on Koh Lanta? The resort recommended Dive Lanta because they are reasonably close in proximity. I am only looking to do 4 or 5 day trips because the rest of the time will be spent topside. I am a reasonably experienced 300+ dive AOW Nitrox diver (comfortable in most conditions) and my GF is an OW diver that does not get under very often (basically a warm water vacation diver). I have accepted that the best sites are Liveaboard access only, so we will be getting the rest of the sites. That is OK. I just want a good operator that will pick suitable sites and let us do a bit of our own thing if wanted. I am a photographer (wannabe) so taking pictures becomes a big part of my dives. For this reason, I prefer an operator that will allow me that freedom.

NDR - Finally, getting from Kao Sok to Koh Lanta.....does anybody have any links for charters that can be relied on to pick us up and deliver us? Currently it would just be the two of us but it might be as many as 8.

Thanks in advance

OK so does anybody unbiased have anything to offer? I am guessing that there is no SB following on Ko Lanta. And forget about the transport question - I have all but got that finalized....I would be happy just to get recommendations on dive operators on the island.

Hi,

i'm going to thai this august. could someone recomend me places and operators? it's said kho phi phi is the best place, do you agree? do you know other islands for good scuba divin?

thanks!

Gabriel

OK so does anybody unbiased have anything to offer? I am guessing that there is no SB following on Ko Lanta. And forget about the transport question - I have all but got that finalized....I would be happy just to get recommendations on dive operators on the island.

ScubaSteve,
Dive Lanta is a good and professional dive-shop and imo there's no real need for you to go with someone else.
Try to get on a trip to Koh Ha, Koh Phi-Phi (Bida Nai and Bida Nohk) and if weather permits to Hin Daeng and Hin Muang.
Enjoy your vacation!

Hi,

i'm going to thai this august. could someone recomend me places and operators? it's said kho phi phi is the best place, do you agree? do you know other islands for good scuba divin?

thanks!

Gabriel

Gabriel,

You just hijacked this thread! :hijack:

Anyway, Koh Phi-Phi is one of the better locations to dive in the month of August. If you decide to go to Phi-Phi make sure you book a day-trip to Sharkpoint (Hin Musang) too!
Phuket is another option for August and offers day-trips to Phi-Phi, Sharkpoint and the Racha Islands.

Steve

If you are staying in Koh Sok Park then you may not be aware that there is also cavern/cave diving available in that location(no scuba shop). You may just be planning to veg out but if your interested in looking into it I know at least one operator in Koh Tao that run Cavern Diving trips there on a semi regular basis. I also know a shop in Phuket that does technical trip and cave training there but do not think they do any recreational but they would know who does if you want the contacts.

If I get up to Burlington before you depart we can get togeather and chat about Thailand.

John

The Hijack is OK. It is all good info about the area. We are unfortunately only in Khao Sok for a wedding and "visit" and then the real vacation starts.

Thanks for the info everyone.

Jkaterenchuk (sp?). When you get to Burlington let me know. Maybe a dive or two will be in order.

Gabriel,

You just hijacked this thread! :hijack:

Anyway, Koh Phi-Phi is one of the better locations to dive in the month of August. If you decide to go to Phi-Phi make sure you book a day-trip to Sharkpoint (Hin Musang) too!
Phuket is another option for August and offers day-trips to Phi-Phi, Sharkpoint and the Racha Islands.

Posted via Mobile Device

Back
Top Bottom