Thailand May 2022 - Sifting Through Noise.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been to Tao four times now, and the best way of getting there from Bangkok that I've found is the overnight train. You board it around 7-8 PM, sleep in an actual bed (rather than a bus seat) overnight, arrive in Chumphon around 5AM and get on the first ferry to Tao, getting there by 11 AM or thereabouts.
I have done that trip before and it was easy and the staff will wait you up as well. I have also done the trip from Phuket to Koh Tao and it was fine
But the OP have only 5 days in the Kingdom and the flight schedule(arrival and departure) is a big issue, not to mention the required first night stay at SHA+ hotel.

Both Indonesia and Philippines have removed the quarantine requirement.

I went to Cebu in February and March this year. No quarantine required.
Thailand was the first to open the door(Sandbox) but lagging well behind now.
Still afraid of repeating what happened after Songkran(Apr) last yr?

Koh Lipe 2 times. A more laidback place. Now my preferred location. But with the current COVID entry restrictions I’m considering the Philippines again.
Thinking a combined Lanta and Lipe trip next Feb.
I know you will recommend DJL in Lipe but how about accommodation? I am a no frills traveller so requirement is pretty basic.

Cheers.

Thinking a combined Lanta and Lipe trip next Feb.
I know you will recommend DJL in Lipe but how about accommodation? I am a no frills traveller so requirement is pretty basic.

Cheers.
Hi Centrals,

Your right. I'm using DJL this December. But have dived with Kiera and Satun Dive Resort and will also be using Ko Lipe Diving School. with the BSAC Penang Branch.

Accommodation: I've stayed at the Reef Hotel, and DJL accommodation (which is really basic). for my upcoming trip I'll be staying at the Dong Talay Lipe Beach Resort.

@Edward3c
Much appreciated.
"Reef" and "Dong Talay" are quite expensive by my standard for a diving trip.
"Satun Dive Resort" has really basic cottage on both Sunrise and Pattaya Beach. But this locally runs dive operator has mixed review.

@Edward3c
Much appreciated.
"Reef" and "Dong Talay" are quite expensive by my standard for a diving trip.
"Satun Dive Resort" has really basic cottage on both Sunrise and Pattaya Beach. But this locally runs dive operator has mixed review.

I see that the Reef hotel is at about $60/night. What is your target price?

I see that the Reef hotel is at about $60/night. What is your target price?
Well under thousand baht for a single room/cottage. NO AC/hot water required.
There are plenty of places on Koh Lanta which cost around 600B but I do expect to pay a bit more on Lipe.

I have never paid over a grand anywhere in Thailand from all my previous visit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom