Thailand at the beginning of February

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello world-traveler !

Some reccommended to you already - Ko Lanta Island.
We offer exactly what you are looking for :) Please check out our website - we do a mini liveaboard in the South Andaman Sea - one time one week !
2 days / 1 night / 6 dives (incl. a night dive :wink: - February is perfect in the south andaman sea - no wind or rain and very good visibility.
Hin Daeng and Hin Muang have much red and purple soft corals and a very , very good chance to see manta rays and/or whalesharks all year round
Much more infos on the website or send me an email to manta@lanta-diving-safaris.com

HI,

At the beginning of February, both sides of Thailand are generally good. If you are loooking for a day trip and your husband doesn't dive, then I suggest Koh Samui as there is a lot of stuff to do and you can take a short day trip to sail rock which is an awesome site for a AOW. YOu can also be back with us by 1:30 after 2 dives. It you'd like more infomation please contact us at info@discoverydivers.com, or Discovery divers website

I agree.....

Don't forget chumpon pinnacle for its bullsharks!!

The bull sharks moved over to Sail Rock this season!

Seriously!?!?! Thats awesome!!

Sail rock is/was one of my favorite sites around the world. Now if the Bull sharks are there i think it would be my favorite.

Cant wait to see that myself :)

Yes, the sharks were gone for about two seasons and out of nowhere so to speak they were at Sail Rock. Plenty of days this year with bull sharks and whale sharks around Sail Rock.

Sail Rock is my fave dive site in the Gulf!

Limbo you work at Discovery Divers? If so, I used to work there in 2010. Say hello to the old staff for me.

Yes, the sharks were gone for about two seasons and out of nowhere so to speak they were at Sail Rock. Plenty of days this year with bull sharks and whale sharks around Sail Rock.

Got about 20 dives with bullsharks at Chumpon Pinnacle in january february 2010. The sharks were there actually every day. Than, in the last 2 years I was always looking to get to know if they would come back. Heard as well that they were seen at Sail rock during the recent months and contacted some people who went there.

But what I heard, sometimes they can be seen, but it needs a lot of luck. It is not how it was at Chumpon Pinnacle about 2 years ago. I am thinking to go there again over Christmas, but as I would only go for the bullsharks, I would like to get more informations how big the chances really are at the moment.

No, Limbo does not work at Discovery Divers, but i agree with you Limbo, Sail Rock is my favorite site also. Unfortunately, though it seems that the bull sharks may have taken a vacation from Sail Rock again. While they were here they were easily spotted everyday as they were quite close to the rock and between 15-25 M depth. Lets hope they just took a small break and will be back. Lots of other great stuff to see there lately. As far as Chumphon goes, another great dive sites and we have had whale shark sightings pretty regularly lately and even some bull shark sightings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom