TG6 and Backscatter mini flash 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlyle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Yesterday's dive off of Redondo Beach, CA with my TG6 and MiniFlash 2. I was especially pleased to find a chestnut cowrie with eggs.
baptodoris mimetica.jpg
blackeye goby.jpg
cadlina leuteomarginata.jpg
chestnut cowrie and eggs 1.jpg
chestnut cowrie and eggs 2.jpg

Excellent photos!!!

Anymore photos with the OM1? What lenses do you have for it?
Weather conditions haven't been good here in Los Angeles for months. I haven't had the opportunity to take the OM-1 in the water much. We return to Cozumel in August for many, many underwater photo opportunities. I have an 8mm FE, 12-50 zoom, 30 mm, and 60mm.

I have an 8mm FE, 12-50 zoom, 30 mm, and 60mm

I have the 8mm, 12-50 and the 60mm and thinking of the 30mm. Do you think that it is worth getting, the 30mm?

(I am also drooling over the new 90mm macro lens. A friend of mine has it and he has been posting pictures taken with this lens. Probably the best macro lens out there albeit very narrow depth of field).

I just got back from Anilao and several dives with the 90 macro. DOF is really tiny but when you nail it, it is awesome. Tried it on a blackwater dive (not doing that again).
Bill

I have the 8mm, 12-50 and the 60mm and thinking of the 30mm. Do you think that it is worth getting, the 30mm?

(I am also drooling over the new 90mm macro lens. A friend of mine has it and he has been posting pictures taken with this lens. Probably the best macro lens out there albeit very narrow depth of field).
The 30mm lens doesn't hunt like the 60mm and is OK for some macro. Frankly, I prefer the 12-50 for nearly all of my underwater pictures, with the exception of WA where I use the 8mm FE.

I prefer the 12-50

It is my go to lens especially when diving in a location I never dove before but I believe it isn't as "sharp" as the other lenses. What do you think?

It is my go to lens especially when diving in a location I never dove before but I believe it isn't as "sharp" as the other lenses. What do you think?
I agree but I have FOMO (fear of missing out). My prime lenses are much sharper but limited in scope. I would like to buy some of the pro lenses for above water photography but those are $$$$.

I have FOMO (fear of missing out)

Oh, so it isn't just me then??? Lol
That's exactly why I use it until I know the dive site and the marine life there and know what marine life I want to shoot.

My prime lenses are much sharper but limited in scope.
I am hoping that the 30mm will be a more versatile lens than the 60mm. I'd love to pair it with the MWL-1 :)

I would like to buy some of the pro lenses for above water photography but those are $$$$
Yes, I am fantasizing about those. I'd like to get into wildlife photography to have something to do when not diving during the winter months. We have a big farm country side and lots of birds come there over the fall/winter/spring season. I'd love to take these sharp pictures of big colorful birds coming in from Europe for the winter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom