Tg-4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The TG-4 for what it is, is a fantastic camera. There is nothing that compares to it for in camera macro. If you are looking for a true point and shoot, this is definitely the camera you want. Great photos everyone, thank you for sharing them.

I highly recommend the scuba housing from Olympus over a third party housing like Ike Lite.

Just curious, why do you like the Olympus housing over the ikelite.
I have used an ikelite housing on my old Olympus 7070 for years and found it quite reliable.
There is only about a $25 price difference between the two. And ikelite is made in the USA

These are a few photos from my Olympus TG-4. Most were shot in Underwater Macro mode (not microscope mode). I'm using the Olympus UW housing and a single video light (not a strobe) for lighting.

GPZdCuZ.jpg

xPtPM0w.jpg

yAz8MEY.jpg

pD5qz8m.jpg

Nice shots
Was thinking of getting a strobe to help out in certain situations while diving down when I'm out snorkeling
Would a video light be a better choice for me
For example under ledges or as dusk approaches
Was also thinking about trying some night snorkeling
Thanks

These are a few photos from my Olympus TG-4. Most were shot in Underwater Macro mode (not microscope mode). I'm using the Olympus UW housing and a single video light (not a strobe) for lighting.

The pictures are great! What video light do you use? Was the video light handheld or attached to the camera?

Here some shots taken with TG4, Olympus housing and the Olympus strobe. I've had 4 point and shoot set ups, this is far and away the best. I absolutely love it.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

i have an EM5 with the Oly housing and a ton of lenses, as well as a TG4.
No doubt the EM5 is better in many ways. And a LOT more expensive.

But I'm very impessed with the TG4.

No doubt it is the best entry (as in non-housing-oriented) UW camera out there.
I even let my 5 yr old grandson tornadoes use it. !!

Back
Top Bottom