Tg-4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here are a couple snorkeling shots with just TG-3 and TG-4, no light source, diving down about 8-20 ft. I really like them, very easy to use, I do have a strobe I attach when diving, but for snorkeling just grab it and jump in.

corals2_zpstqqtze95.jpg

squid2_zpsqbfr8z4p.jpg

blueparrot_zpsd4dber18.jpg

I did end up purchasing the tg-4 in an ikelite housing with a sea and sea strobe. The underwater setting does compensate for white balance automatically but I'm not sure if it is a general setting for a predetermined depth. If you are not planning on using any external lighting you could always buy a red filter or learn to use a white slate to set the white balance at the depth of your choice. This is something I have not yet learned how to do with this camera. My suggestion would be to get a decent video light first. I made the mistake of getting a strobe and still have a lot to learn! I primarily dive in Maine and backscatter is a big problem for me with the strobe. But where this camera really shines is the macro mode it takes really great macro photos I've attached a couple examples from Maine and a couple in the clear blue water of Roatan. I'm VERY new to photography in general but this camera is a great choice in my opinion.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    148.2 KB · Views: 128
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    117.5 KB · Views: 120
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    116.9 KB · Views: 120
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    100.6 KB · Views: 116
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    86.3 KB · Views: 129
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    155.6 KB · Views: 127
Thanks
Bring a snorkeler macro is hard to do.
I need a camera that will focus fast and give me as great shot.
I had an old olympus 7070 camera in an ikelite housing but that camera has seen better days

few of my tg4s
P3150001_edited-1 (Medium).JPG
P3150019_edited-1 (Medium).JPG
P3150043_edited-1 (Medium).JPG

If Skeptic14 can get nice shots like that without a strobe I may just go that route

Wow nice shots
Did you use a strobe or video light?
Thanks
No that is just the camera no housing or additional strobe. In about 25 feet of water on a pretty blah viz day

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom