Texoma?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AggieDiver03

Reaction score
I've seen several old posts about diving Lake Texoma, just wondering if anyone ever got around to doing it?

My family has had a place up there for nearly 30 years, and though I've talked about it doing it, I never have. The lake has it's ups and downs as does any around here as far as water clarity. I know that last spring/summer the bottom "turned over" and it was a mess, but it's been better this summer minus all the recent rain which has clouded things up a little.

Still, I would think that the area Butterly Cove area around Eisenhower would be promising with the rocky cliffs/bottom as it's one of the clearest parts of the lake. Also, could be some cavern-like areas, when I was little the rocky cliffs were more intact and there were caverns large enough at the water level to pull a boat partially into. These have all caved in due to erosion and high lake levels, but could be interesting...

i go up there with my cousin all the time and it seems too murky for scuba.

I have seen 10 foot visibility while fishing Texoma. I have never heard of a lake turning over in the Spring/Summer. Lakes normally turn over in the late fall/early winter. Its due to the water at the surface becomming colder than the water at the bottom. This causes the inversion.

I would very much like to get out on a boat and dive the lake. I have a boat, and a buddy who is willing to do it. I just havn't done it.

TwoBit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom