Texoma report Sunday 10/12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the report. I did find out just how bad I am at 0 vis. As long as Kory kept his left arm where I could see it (which he had his glow in the dark writing pad on it) I could keep him in sight. When I would turn my head for a moment I would find he had totally disappeared. I have done night dives and kept up with my buddy, but this was very different for me. That was the worst vis I have been in.
At one point when I lost him I decided to turn off my light for a moment to see just how bad it really was...I could not even see my hand without my light.
I did very much enjoy the day of diving. Anytime under water is great. I am hoping I can squeeze another dive in this year if the weather cooperates.
Thanks Kory and Rhonda for allowing me to hang out with you for the day.

Rhonda, sound familiar?

Once you start thinking about stuff like that, your mind tends to fill in some details.

Yah, when Foo2 and I did a dive at Lake Hawkins, it was hard to get my mind off the alligator that was found in the same area where we were... LOL! We didn't last very long, too cold, dark, and alligatory. :wink:

You just have to make sure you watch your compass so you know which way to reverse!:D

I am with you on that one! I habitually check my compass at regular intervals just for such reasons. The frequency of my checks depends on visibility. In blue water (80+ viz) I will check my compass about every 2 to 3 minutes. You just never know when something weird might happen and you have to IFR your way home.

In near zero viz diving, I am checking the compass, depth gage and computer about every 30 seconds.

Back
Top Bottom