Texas Treasure Divers on YouTube - Sunglasses, iWatches, Phones, and other interesting items.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SlugLife

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives

If you're into underwater treasures, you might enjoy this small youtube channel. Most of their finds are sunglasses, iPhones, iWatches, and similar items. It's not too flashy or clickbaity like some of the other channels I've seen. Their editing also seems to be consistently improving over time.

If you're into underwater treasures, you might enjoy this small youtube channel. Most of their finds are sunglasses, iPhones, iWatches, and similar items. It's not too flashy or clickbaity like some of the other channels I've seen. Their editing also seems to be consistently improving over time.
Where is this?

At the start of the video the guy said the rental house was "across from Volente." I'll bet that was Volente Beach on Lake Travis in Austin, TX. I didn't know visibility on Lake Travis was that good.

Umm.. a few of those sunglasses didn't have any silt on them. Might be a couple of those shots were staged?

Where is this?
Lake Travis. Some of that was Stern's Island, not sure abut the other locations.
Umm.. a few of those sunglasses didn't have any silt on them. Might be a couple of those shots were staged?
It depends on how long sunglasses were sitting on the bottom.

Stern's Island has a dive-charter with about half-a-dozen divers which goes there several times per day, picking up sunglasses. If you find sunglasses there, usually, they won't have any silt on them, because they were dropped very recently.

After a few months (or years), the Zebra Mussels will absolutely destroy sunglasses.
At the start of the video the guy said the rental house was "across from Volente." I'll bet that was Volente Beach on Lake Travis in Austin, TX. I didn't know visibility on Lake Travis was that good.
Vis is usually much worse, though it depends on the location. Devil's cove, one of my favorite spots has zero-vis, but I can almost never dive there. The reason I like it is because there's no competition from other divers, and I don't mind the no-vis.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom