Texas Liveaboards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BradfordNC

Contributor
Reaction score
anyone know of any texas live aboard outfits?

recently heard of some good diving there. said the boats visit oil platorms and some site about 200 miles off the coast called the sombreros?

any info?

Brad

And maybe the sombreros is really the stetson - a more northerly hat at around 90 miles off shore.

the sea searcher live aboard was ranked #2 liveaboard by rodales. 16 divers on 95ft crewboat. thay have a trip to the flower gardens for 3 days 4th of july weekend should get in 12 to 13 dives I am booked on that trip the price is good but you have to book thru the dive shop who booked the trip. only draw back is alot of trips 50% are canceled due to weather so if you do not live close by this could cause a problem. if you want more info email me for details and who to contact only six spots left when i sent in my deposit.

Do anyone have any experience with the Sea Searcher? I tried to contact them but haven't gotten a reply yet (two weeks later)... It looks comparable to Spree/Fling but it does take fewer people than the other boats.
I was looking into doing a trip to the Flower Gardens this summer - I have tried 5 times in the winter/spring without success and have given up on going during that season...

/Mike
DiverGuy.com

it took about one or two weeks for them to answer my email. they only book to dive shops so you need to hit their web page and go to the calender and find out what dive shop has booked the boat for what weekend. i booked thru divers den in nederland tx for the 3 day 4th of july weekend they had 6 spots left at the time i booked. i guess they found it better for the dive shop to deal with the people than have to mess with all those people.

Back
Top Bottom