Texas Dive Show Jan 24-25 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will be manning the virtual dive in the morning. If anyone went to Seaspace that was the kids exhibit behind the black curtain in the back. This is the first time HUC has been able to set this up in about 2 years.

Wandering around after that.

I will be there on Sunday and probably hanging around booth 33.

I went today and if your looking for a trip its great not much more than that though

We will be going Saturday afternoon. Then we are going to the Supercross next door.
Has anyone been able to find the discount coupons. We have called several places with no success.

If you are a DAN member, showing your card gets you in 1/2 price ($5), which I believe is the same as the coupons.

I went today and spent about three hours. I really enjoyed the show, YMMV.

I made it just in time for Richie Kohler's Britanic Expedition presentation and got to chat with him after, I'm headed back for his Technical Diving workshop on Sunday. Ran into a few othe Swampers sporting DIMWIT Diver shirts, From the pics you can see I had my V2 one on.

Attachments

• Richie Kohler_0001.jpg
    Richie Kohler_0001.jpg
    406.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Richie Kohler_0006.jpg
    Richie Kohler_0006.jpg
    399.2 KB · Views: 39
  • Richie Kohler_0008.jpg
    Richie Kohler_0008.jpg
    394.9 KB · Views: 45
  • Richie Kohler_0011.jpg
    Richie Kohler_0011.jpg
    393.8 KB · Views: 31
Ran into a few othe Swampers sporting DIMWIT Diver shirts, From the pics you can see I had my V2 one on.

nice to have met you,:D we also went back on Sunday,wanted to make sure we won the bids on the silent auction items, also bought mask with 2.0 cheaters :cool2:(now I'll be able to see the little buttons on my camera).not what we were expecting,thought more equp. reps could have been there, sorry to see ScubaBoard booth empty all weekend.:crying:

I just don't think it was widely put out to the SCUBA masses, I called a chain shop in Houston with 3 stores about the discount admission coupons and they didn't know anything about the show. I was talking to another diver and he said they used to have it in March and had a bigger draw, plus it didn't help with the supercross and Auto Show on the same weekend. I still had a good time and hope the poor showing didn't hurt being able to draw the Richie Kohlers and Cathy Churches of the dive world for future shows.

just looked at the list for the Chicago show, would have been nice to have a show like this down here

I thought it was a nice show. Like someone mentioned, they need more publicity. I love attending dive shows or markets. Its great to be around those of like interest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom