Teric and Perdix Cover

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any idea why Shearwater has not come out with their own protector? What have you they seem pretty robust without one anyways..

My Petrel2 just failed due to a tiny crack I could not see in the plexiglass faceplate.

SW knows this is a problem which is why they updated the design to include a titanium frame around the screen. New units or any unit in for service will get this improvement.

Any idea why Shearwater has not come out with their own protector? What have you they seem pretty robust without one anyways..

Yes it looks robust but you know once that Black on the Teric gets a silver looking scratch on the Bezel it's just going to bug the heck out of you. It's not an issue when I am diving but would be an issue if I was wearing it at work or out somewhere.

How old? How many cycles, roughly?

It looks like I have about 250 dives logged on that computer over 2-3 years. I was using a Predator for 7-8 years before that.

It was probably broken in some forgotten fall on the floor. Eventually it leaked enough to screw up the motherboard. It didn't die completely, but started giving a "CRC: DO NOT DIVE" error.

I got it repaired with pretty much everything but the LCD and Plastic case replaced for a bit under $400. It came with the new Titanium screen border. So a new motherboard with new sensors which is nice at the depth sensor will eventually fail.

I have already ordered a couple of silicone covers from Narked@90 for our two Petrels. Amazingly it's cheaper to buy and ship them from the UK than from any place selling in the US.

Looks sweet. Probably won’t protect from impacts. Following.

I picked up these covers for both my Perdix and Teric. I started my Cavern course and Intro to Cave a couple months ago. So far these covers have been doing great getting smashed into things.

My dive buddies and myself got each one of these and they are GREAT and they response time is really fast.

The shipping cost to Puerto Rico was $65.00. So we ordered 3 and split the cost.

As someone else mentioned, they should partner with somebody in the USA in order to sell more.
20210103_125138.jpg

Not sure I see the need, myself, but making a similar for 3d printing was an interesting modeling exercise:

upload_2021-1-6_14-32-18.png upload_2021-1-6_14-32-34.png upload_2021-1-6_14-32-50.png upload_2021-1-6_14-33-3.png

The pink thing is a drugstore hairband (which is just about perfect size and tension, IMO.)

If you want a sturdy aluminum version, and are able to order from AMX, you should do so. If you want to print your own, though: Visor / Screen Protector for Shearwater Perdix by lairdb

I got a second email from Arnaud at Diveavenua in France and he said he would love to find a dealer in the USA that is willing to buy some inventory and sell within North America.

If anybody is interested in carrying these I am more than willing to buy a Teric protector from you. I am even more interested after reading the FAQ on Shearwater that specifically mentions that the Bezel cannot be easily or cheaply replaced because the sapphire glass and Oled screen are permanently bonded to the Bezel.

So now is the time for people to talk up and maybe if enough people are on board with this another member who sells equipment may chime in with an interest in taking this on.

Have one for my Perdix and like it very much.

Dive buddy bought one for his Perdix after he dropped it from about waist height and broke it (repaired by SW under warranty).

Arnaud from Dive Avenue was very responsive when we had a shipping SNAFU from France to the Middle East.

If you're in the States, I think you can buy with confidence. Shipping from the EU to USA ain't so difficult like it used to be.

Back
Top Bottom