Tennessee diving, is there any?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jstbecauz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I live in Spring Hill, Florida, but am thinking about moving to Tenenssee, I have some property in Tellico Villiage, just outside of Knoxville. Is there anyone that goes diving in that area locally, or is there no place to dive in the Knoxville area? I emailed one of the local dive shops up there, but they never replied to me.

Thanks

There is a great quarry in which to dive about an hour or so drive just south of Knoxville.

Look up "Loch-Low-Minn" on the internet.

It's operated by Stacy and Rick Low, wonderfully nice people.

It's a great inland dive venue.

And, "WELCOME TO SCUBABOARD!!!"

Safe dives . . . . . .
. . . safer ascents !

the K

Loch Low-Minn is a decent place for us away from the springs/oceans people to brush up on our skills..., but there is much more diving to be had in Florida...

My LDS.. out of Kingsport, TN, goes to Loch Low-Minn on Wednesdays during the Summer.. and usually does a weekend trip to Lake City, Florida for the springs once a month year round..

There are several places to dive around Knoxville, most if not all the lakes have divers that frequent them. There are several members, including myself, that live here in east TN.
Feel free to shoot a PM or e-mail to myself or any of the other locals if we can help.
Ray

Glad to hear you're moving to the area. I live very close to Tellico Village, so feel free to drop me PM with any questions. Much of our diving is limited to quarries. The two most popular spots are Loch Low Minn quarry and Philadelphia quarry. There is also Martha's quarry near Nashville. Most of the local lakes have very limited viz due to high boat traffic. Other lakes with better viz include Dale Hollow and Cherokee. There are also a couple of local dive clubs that put together outings: 'Cuda Club and East Tennessee Diver's Association.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom