Tenkiller Aug 30 - Sep 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dove at Crappie Point on Sunday afternoon with my wife (we had kids and in-laws so this was the only dive we could squeeze in, sorry FD!!)...she had a 1 mil on so we only went to 45' the thermocline (was about 35') was too much for her...saw some divers hanging around "Sneaky Caverns" though! Also saw some guys on a pontoon boat Saturday who said they dove at Pine Cove....is this site in the cove part where the boats constantly troll by in/out of the marina...I am guessing diving by the cliffs is where to dive at...the vis looked VERY good below 40' though, just wish she had a 7 mil on like me!!

No biggie. I was really temped to go dive at Crappie on Sunday, but after 3 days of diving, I didn't feel like lugging my gear up and down the hill. I was camped right at the scuba park, so all I had to do was walk right down to the water. I brought my 7 along with my 3/2. I made a couple doubles dives down to the 80's. Temp was 61 down there, but the vis GREAT! To bad there's nothing to see beside silt covered rocks down there. I ended up making 13 dives and never needed to have my tanks refilled. I think I have enough tanks now. :D

I can't imagine diving at pine cove on Labor Day weekend. WAY too many boats! I saw a pontoon with dive flags heading in there, but I didn't pay attention to what they were doing.

Myself and the 2 others I dove with have all developed ear infections. :( Have you started having any problems?

FD

FD, which swimming area are you talking about to do the cleanup this weekend, the one down the hill before you get to the park, or the one just right around the corner of the park? I've got an ear infection but i'm diving anyway.

No ear infections, only complaint is my face was getting HOT during the dive wearing Neptune!!! I needed to get down to the nice deep chill!!!

mpd525:
FD, which swimming area are you talking about to do the cleanup this weekend, the one down the hill before you get to the park, or the one just right around the corner of the park? I've got an ear infection but i'm diving anyway.

I was talking about the mini-cliff area at the very end of the point. I haven't dove the bouyed swim area, so I don't know what its like. I bet the point-end has a lot more trash. It's deep for non-divers, so they think nothing of throwing thier trash in the water.

LakeScubaDiver:
No ear infections, only complaint is my face was getting HOT during the dive wearing Neptune!!! I needed to get down to the nice deep chill!!!

Yeah, when I was in my 7mil, I wanted that cold deep water NOW! It was stiffling up in the shallows.

Did you shoot any video from this weekend? I love watching your films. Always good music tracks too. Still waiting for you to get a video light for those deep sections. :D

FD

No video...I was expecting to do a 2nd dive and shoot video, but we ended up not doing it...but we're having a boys only trip here in a few weeks to Tenkiller so we will definitely be shooting video....maybe with 3 HID UK Light Cannons we can get some deep video footage!

I was thinking the other day how it would be possible to tie a line into Sneaky Cavern so as to serve as a guide so we can find it and enter/not enter as by choice...guess we'd have to rename it then if we did that....but I don't know how to anchor the line that is inside it, like tie onto something or a boulder or something that wouldn't move...I certainly wouldn't want to hammer in a nail or stake into the rock because that would suck if the whole thing collapsed while hammering!!

It would require some liftbag usage, but you could make a cheap cement-in-bucket anchor using a SS eyebolt in the top. Set it at the very back of the "cave" and tie a yellow nylon rope to it. Then tie an empty milk jug or something like that at the surface.

And there you have just set your first permanent guide line. Of course if something happened to it, you only lost a few dollars in cement and rope.

FD

sweet, we need to put some lines in over thar at crappie point and sneaky cavern!!

ok, where is sneaky cavern, and have you guys used or seen the underwater buddy phone, that deal is a trip. I just wish i could figure out how to get back to it. I think me and the misses are gonna camp out this weekend, FD you in for coming down and doing some diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom