temperature drop in first stage...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don´t understant what´s the confussion with the temps we´ve been talking about...for me the info until now have been very useful (well.. for divers purposes..scientific and reg. designers will need a lot further info)...the material given by puff and warm shown that temps tends to be close in the range around -4C in normal conditions...in fact all graphs show more or less this tendency....obvioulsly the heat transfer is relatively stable and much more important than we can imagine at the beginning with no previous information about the equiment..this remember me drops of water falling down on a very hot pan, the pan shows a small temp drop in relation with its initial values but water quickly take a high temperature and eventually evaporates (which does not happen with air of course... :crafty: )...we do not need a complex CFD study or makes a complex research to know the general convection correlation with adimentional numbers, patterns of flows, etc...knowing the actual temps from thermocouples well installed to get temps values even in dynamical conditions (air flowing thru the first stage) and then making a energy balance is very easy to get a good working the heat transfer value handled by the regulator (helped by others elements in mechanical contact like the tank valve, etc)...of course a important thing to consider is that the reg works in cycles...therefore this gives enough time to transfer the heat from the gas to sounrrodings..for freeflow conditions the equilibrium temps are totally different and this is why when we had have one the first stage body, tank valve becomes VERY cold..i can imagine the air inside...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom