Temp on USS Bass and U-853 on 6/28

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

all4scuba05

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
46* at bottom. Didn't note the surface temp. Vis on the Bass was btwn 15-25. I think on the U boat it was a little less. I s_ck at measuring distance underwater.

Hey thanks for the report guy.

Hoping to get in soon. We have had a very cool June IMO. Great info for those need to determine gear configurations.

Sounds like the dive was good. The only Bass I have dove have a large and small mouth and maybe someday I'll get my chance to do the Bass.

46* at bottom. Didn't note the surface temp. Vis on the Bass was btwn 15-25. I think on the U boat it was a little less. I s_ck at measuring distance underwater.

I think I noticed about 56-58 at the surface and down to about 25', I didn't drop quite all the way to the sand but recorded 48 for a bottom temp on the 853 Sunday. And I'll call the vis ~15'. Waiting for Tampico Eduardo to post the video!

The ladder climb was a little tricky but just time it right so as not to get wacked in the head. There was current topside but manageable as well as on the wreck.

Yeah I figured Ed was down there on the wreck with his trusty camera. I swam the length of the wreck trying to get into his shots(LOL) but never saw him until we were topside. Oh well, no 15 minutes of fame for me.

How are the currents at these sites? Is the water very rough?

surface conditions were definitely less than ideal on Sunday, especially in a small boat. 4-5' swells and 2-3' irregular choppy waves. Noticeable but manageable surface current that slacked off after about 20 feet. Very slight current on the wreck. The sea conditions all depend on the weather but unfortunately it has been very unsettled over the last couple months.

Yowser! At 5'4" I have to stick to my 85's.

Back
Top Bottom