Tell Us How We are Doing!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If 4 people were in a boat or a picnic table by a dive site and this happened, the moron would be called so, with the appropiate dosis of "DUH!!!!" why not here in the board?

Because of the large audience...?

Because the owner and management here are nicer...?

What's wrong with booties anyway? :D

I don't think I understand questions 1 and 2, it has nothing to do with the size of the audience or style of management, it is just life. Weather the person in question didn't bother to properly read what the oP was saying or just decided the OP can't possible be right, this guy deserves at a minimum to be called on it.

I said 4 people but I supose it would apply to as little as 2 people and as much as... I don't know, let's say as much as a bunch.

Does this clarify the point I'm trying to make?

As far as question #3 booties are the best thing, the worst thing and somewhere in between. For me it all depends on the situation and only I decide when they are good for me and when they are not.

If 4 people were in a boat or a picnic table by a dive site and this happened, the moron would be called so, with the appropriate dosis of "DUH!!!!" why not here in the board?
Written, indirect communication is not comparable with face-to-face direct communication. :shakehead: Things are so much easier to misunderstand this way.

I am a new diver and mostly a lurker. I find scubaboard both educational and entertaining. Some of the advanced topics have intrigued me into learning more than I would have if I never read a thread . . .

I had a question about a LDS and decided not to post it because after a search I discovered the last newbie was accused of being a troll and the question never was answered. At the time I didn't know what a troll was, but it didn't sound good.

If the goal is to exchange ideas and help connect people who love to dive, I think SB is meeting that goal. If that is not the goal, but the end result, that is ok also.

Donna

I had a question about a LDS and decided not to post it because after a search I discovered the last newbie was accused of being a troll and the question never was answered. At the time I didn't know what a troll was, but it didn't sound good.
See....This is an "Internet/Forum" thing, not just a Scubaboard thing.

The truth is that you need a bit of thicker skin and just post. What does it matter if someone calls you a troll?

The truth is that you need a bit of thicker skin and just post. What does it matter if someone calls you a troll?

Thicker skin, got it. :D

Hi Draleigh

There are other approaches. PM a Mod and explain the situation. S/he may offer to post it for you. I do that for a guy with dentures, since I have some.

I love SB! It's like the scuba diver's 'MySpace', except I find that SB is way more beneficial than MySpace.

I'm so addicted.:lotsalove:

jeff teaches the thick skin course over in DIR

"antic diver" did me in

amen. not everybody gets the opportunity to be called one because not everybdoy can do what it takes. its almost like an infamous honour. lol.

For example:
A person asks for sugestions on full foot fin because they don't want to use booties, the person may or may not give the reasson for they issue with booties. So a couple of responses go by saying use x or y they work for me, and suddenly another poster comes up saying: "well why don't you want booties? there is nothing wrong using booties" agrrrr ...this person deserves to be call names. There is no 2 ways about it.

You forgot the two most popular responses on ScubaBoard ...

"Do a search" ... and ... "Get a backplate"

:D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom