Tell Us How We are Doing!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

El Orans

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
ScubaBoard is on the move & growing by leaps & bounds! We know that it is you, our membership, that is responsible for the phenomenal success of this board. We want to know what all of our members think about our community as it is today- both the positive & the negative- so that we can continue to make ScubaBoard the best possible place for SCUBA divers to spend their time above the water. Don't be shy- our goal is to hear from every active member, including our lurkers!

It's now also possible to add your comments anonymously to this thread.

Please note: "This is not about any individual Moderator of other SB Staff member, this is about all of us.", sayeth the official ScubaBoard spokesperson. :)

Good idea, and the opinions of the newbies and lurkers are probly more important than those of the regulars. I'll give it thot, but I think the opinions of those less SB experienced is more relative. Hope they post.

Signature changed... :wink:

The left margins ads are really annoying. No other forum has them, hopefully they don't start a trend.

I really don't think the comment deserved a PM

Otherwise, the join date says it all, I've been enjoying SB for awhile and aside from the fact that I think it needs a timer to limit my daily addiction, it's great.

You can't get much better than the wonderful people who inhabit this message board. Sure, there are a few nut cases, but all-in-all, keep cultivating the most supportive mods. I mean, one of your mods is actually letting me stay at her house for part of my trip to Australia and for all she knows, I could be a serial killer.:rofl3::lotsalove:

Seriously though, my feeling is you get what you put into it. Put in good vibes and you'll good vibes back. Be a negative fool and you that's what you'll get back.

The left margins ads are really annoying. No other forum has them, hopefully they don't start a trend.

If you become a supporting member, you can turn them off. But I like the rebreather one...

It seems like the slow downs and service outs of the past are gone (? but I haven't been online the past few months enough to really notice). I was a little disappointed that one of the mods deleted what I'm sure were some pretty entertaining posts (the "199 ft on al80" thread), but suppose that had to happen.

I've been exposed to a lot of knowledge and experience from people on this board. And it's helped me get better connected locally w/ divers and training. So, thanks.

Fairybasslet, didn't I see you in the post office the other day??:)

For the most part I think the board is run fairly well. The few times that I participated in a thread that had posts modified or deleted, I was informed, which was appreciated.

I personally would prefer that if a thread takes a wrong turn, that it just be locked rather than going away completely. A lot of time good information gets thrown out with the bad, and if nothing else they can serve as examples.

Oh yeah, and regarding the advertising. Can we make the KISS ad bigger? :D

I could join in the praise here as things work so much better and get fixed faster, but I think criticisms would be more helpful. Just can't think of any to offer. Anyone else...?

Just so you know... :)

This thread was not started in order to debate the pros & cons of SB with our members. In order to ensure that the thoughts & ideas of all of you are accorded the respect & consideration that they deserve, all staff members are asked not to post in this thread. All ideas & opinions that are voiced will be used by the Advisor team to evaluate where we came from, where we are now, & where we should go in the future to better serve the needs of our community.

El some may not want to voice opinion here; I suppose they can PM you direct in any such case. Hell, if they want complete anonymity, they could PM me - I'll remove the name and forward.

Very good idea keeping the staff out of this one. Wonderful Mod staff that you have, it does inhibit things - seen it before.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom