Tell me about the Conshelf 14 regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had the same thing when pressing my 1978 Conshelf back into service a few years ago. To use in cold water I needed another LP plug for my drysuit. So I got a splitter from the shop and was in business. The routing turned out very clean and the reg is a dream compared to my over-priced, modern, plastic regs.
upload_2020-12-3_13-47-25.png

Looking at the picture I see the adapter connects to the primary second stage. The SE version has an oversized hose , like mares , and same era I guess (seems like this logical conception didn't caught for practical reasons). So , it makes sense it's from 2004.
I have two Conshelf that couldn't try due to too many regulators, but I think that a regulator being around for such along time used by US navy and IDF too speaks for it self and no advocacy.
They are sold pretty cheap of eBay and here at SB so I guess it's hard to go wrong with it.
Bug hey , no bells and wistells from marketing perspective.

And. . Xiv in Roman letters that's 14 in numeric. So I don't think these are too versions.
I saw XII and 21 (that's also looks like a mistake xII =12 for a dislect that's 21) and SE and SE2. guess all are pretty much the same but simple variations. Herman and Rob knows more about them.

Back
Top Bottom