Tell me about the Comal river

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always or at least try to park along the river at Hinman island but if you go after 1030 or so you will have to park by the tennis courts. I walk along the side walk to the last set of stares across the river from texas tubes and put in there. I get out at the stares where the river gets real wide. I have never dove downstream from the tube shoot and I wouldn't dive through it. Night diving there is pretty cool as well, there's alot more fish out.

So... how did Karen's open water dives go? Would love to hear the follow-up report. I did my open water cert dives there one January. We parked and dove at Prince Solmes Park. We would walk as far upstream as we could on the sidewalk, then get in a drift down the river to a spot where the current died down, close to the last set of steps in the park. It was a white, sandy patch where we could kneel. I don't remember being overwhelmed by the current at any time during those two days, so it was a pretty good place to go.

I don't remember any time during those two days,

You prolly don't remember much at all, cuz you just a Foo :D

So... how did Karen's open water dives go? Would love to hear the follow-up report. I did my open water cert dives there one January. We parked and dove at Prince Solmes Park. We would walk as far upstream as we could on the sidewalk, then get in a drift down the river to a spot where the current died down, close to the last set of steps in the park. It was a white, sandy patch where we could kneel. I don't remember being overwhelmed by the current at any time during those two days, so it was a pretty good place to go.

My dives went fine. The worst part was trudging up the path carrying all that heavy gear.

I didn't have any real problems with buoyancy but did start to get a bit cold during one dive.

I passed and that's the important thing :D

You prolly don't remember much at all, cuz you just a Foo :D

Wow, it lives! Welcome home, darlin'.

And, it's true that the memory is the first to go. 'Cept for the happy memories. Like my open water cert weekend, and all the great dives I've been able to do with friends like you!

My dives went fine. The worst part was trudging up the path carrying all that heavy gear.

I didn't have any real problems with buoyancy but did start to get a bit cold during one dive.

I passed and that's the important thing :D

Good, Karen. I'm glad you had a positive experience for your certification dives. I agree that it is quite labor intensive to dive there, and I also got cold (of course, in January, the surface intervals weren't too toasty either!) BUT, you are correct that passing was the important thing! Have fun, and hope to meet you at one of the watering holes someday soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom