Tell me about Scubapro's Ladie's Everflex leggings 1.5mm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
First LOB after 29 years of diving. Many questions especially for ladies:
Raja Ampat with warm waters, I HATE putting on wet wetsuits so thinking of taking my 3.2 mm full and a pair of the Everflex in 1.5 mm to alternate between dives. I have 2 other fleece lined wetsuits (both shorties) which I love but want full coverage on my legs, especially knee pads as I'm getting back on the boat (long story). How easy are they able to get on? Should be a non-issue if fleeced lined, I suspect? Thanks in advance.

Trying to figure out best setup for a liveaboard and this is what I came up with so far:
Cressi 2.5 mm slip on vest Large with perfect fit, Scubapro Everflex bottom 1.5 in Large (they run small)
and just ordered Everflex 1.5 jacket through dive shop and they will have a Medium and Large for me to try out. I am returning the Everflex jacket 3.0 in Large because fit isn't quite right with thicker shoulders/pads and super tight in the waist so it takes 2 to zip up. The Everflex fleece is new and improved and not like the older, heavier fleece material. I may have to add a bit more weight but so be it.
Ordered a new Neosport Medium beanie when needed. My trial run will be in Roatan in a month or so,
trying to get as many options as possible instead of my 3/5 mm full wetsuit for LOB in the Fall.

trying to get as many options as possible instead of my 3/5 mm full wetsuit for LOB in the Fall.

A 3mm full suit maybe the best option for optimum thermal protection for a LOB.

Took a leap of faith since I'm a Scubapro fan. This 1.5 mm fleece lined set is amazingly comfortable and easy on/off. Just returned from Roatan in 85-degree water temp at depth and I was neither cold or hot, just perfect. For sizing, ladies, it's a little tricky. I first tried the 3mm jacket in Medium and it was too thick and very warm so then went with a Large 1.5mm that fit perfectly. The Large pants were too long with knee pads at my shins so went with the Medium. I am shorter (5'4" and 130 pounds) so finding wetsuits are difficult, maybe weird body shape after having children :wink:. I would give this a solid A given it is not custom made.
Next stop Raja to test in a couple months.
Hope this helps with us girls who can never get that perfect fit.

Attachments

• Barb wetsuit picture.jpeg
    Barb wetsuit picture.jpeg
    60.2 KB · Views: 14
How easy are they able to get on?

I use a strong plastic bag over my feet and hands to push my legs and arms through my wetsuit. It reduces the friction between skin and inner wetsuit.

A trick my then young kids were taught at sailing club years ago.

I use a strong plastic bag over my feet and hands to push my legs and arms through my wetsuit. It reduces the friction between skin and inner wetsuit.

A trick my then young kids were taught at sailing club years ago.
The fleece Scubapro Everflex is so, so easy on/off. I like that I can take on/off between dives on a rocking boat and not falling over :wink:

Back
Top Bottom