Teledyne sensors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

several years ago You can still get same type sensor but without the hydrophobic membrane. I still use the R22S's in my unit. Just keep water off them. IMO Teledynes are the best out there.

several years ago You can still get same type sensor but without the hydrophobic membrane. I still use the R22S's in my unit. Just keep water off them. IMO Teledynes are the best out there.
I am not the scuba police and definitely have a reputation for doing stupid scary stuff when it comes to my diving. With that said - Be very careful doing this. It has already been proven that many rebreather designs do not like this and the condensation will build up on the sensor face and cause incorrect reading when doing long dives. This can be even worse depending on water temperature too. This was proven doing actual dives and I have personal experience, and have seen it myself. There is one unit that tolerates it much better than others almost at the 100% mark.
I am not attempting to call you out, but rather trying to make sure people have all the information to make their own decision about the risk vs. reward factor of doing this. Even if I don't like a person, I still put more than $300 value on their life.

You would have trouble calling me out. I have over 300 hrs using these sensors on my modified MCCR Dolphin and have as yet the least bit of trouble diving cave, ice and ocean with many dive times in excess of 2 hours.

That doesn't mean I haven't had sensor problems, but none of them were Teledyne.

As you pointed out a lot depends on your unit design.

I know this is a mod.​
But why can't a stamped out membrane be placed in front of the sensor?​
Obviously its do at your own risk...​

FULL DISCLOSURE: I still use the teledyne r22 sensors myself, but do not try and justify this action to others

Back
Top Bottom