Tekna regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nemrod

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
OK, I did do some web searches but did not turn up much. I have two of these Tekna units. One has the plastic internal mechanism and the other has the brass. My deepest dive, some years back, just over 230 feet was done using a Tekna as my primary and a Mares and using the Mares diaphram first. The Teknas had the flow through piston first stage. Well, the point of this thread--does anyone still use these and does anyone know where to get parts and or service?
I remember back when they were breifly popular but many people did not like them because they were jump especially at shallow depths and a bit touchy over all. Thanks in advance for any info or stories about these units. N

Nemrod:
OK, I did do some web searches but did not turn up much. I have two of these Tekna units. One has the plastic internal mechanism and the other has the brass. My deepest dive, some years back, just over 230 feet was done using a Tekna as my primary and a Mares and using the Mares diaphram first. The Teknas had the flow through piston first stage. Well, the point of this thread--does anyone still use these and does anyone know where to get parts and or service?

The "Brass Internals" version is a Tekna 2100B, the plastic one is a 2100BX. There actually were 4 versions of this 2nd stage - A chromed brass model 2100 (brass internals) and Yellow Plastic Alternate Air type (brass internals - see post by Rickg) in addition to the two you have.

First Stage was always a Scubapro MK5 clone - service parts are interchangeable.

Service/parts for the 2nd stages can be found - it's a vintage gear hunt, canniblism at it's best :)

Any interest in parting with the 2100B (brass guts) version????? Yes, I am a cannibal!

P

pcosens:
The "Brass Internals" version is a Tekna 2100B, the plastic one is a 2100BX. There actually were 4 versions of this 2nd stage - A chromed brass model 2100 (brass internals) and Yellow Plastic Alternate Air type (brass internals - see post by Rickg) in addition to the two you have.

First Stage was always a Scubapro MK5 clone - service parts are interchangeable.

Service/parts for the 2nd stages can be found - it's a vintage gear hunt, canniblism at it's best :)

Any interest in parting with the 2100B (brass guts) version????? Yes, I am a cannibal!

P

The brass guts version 2100B is a good reg and it is the one I used to go 230 feet and nearly as deep several other times. This one has never given me problems and still works just fine. The BX all plastic version however currently appears to not function exactly right and have not figured out why. It has always been trouble prone for some reason. The Teknas seem to breath just very slightly wet but less so than an Omega unit I have that also works great despite being rather old and actually I cannot say it is all that much a wet breather either. These servo assited regs sure can put the air to you at depth when you are exerting. In fact the Tekna literally pumps you up almost. I currently have the B model teamed with one of my Mares units. It works just fine on the MR12 diaphram 1st stage. I think I am about ready to splurge on a new Abyss and will team it with the MR12 2nd--well---maybe and maybe not. I am also rigging a new solo diving outfit with twin redundant regs for deeper water using something on the order of a 12 cubic foot poney thus I probably want to keep the teknas. i sure would like to find the older all brass/metal unit in good shape. N

Nemrod:
The BX all plastic version however currently appears to not function exactly right and have not figured out why. It has always been trouble prone for some reason.

That unfortunately was the norm - the 2100B was the real performer. Try it on a current high flow first stage if you really want to experience high flow at depth!

Someone needs to start manufacturing service parts for the 2100B, bring it into the 21st century . . . anyone . . .

P

Back
Top Bottom