Teenager Stress

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
Actually, I think it is the ones that don't do anything UNTIL they get to college that go nuts....
I have noticed most of her friends have moved through the party phase. She has a job now for almost a year and one reason I feel able to talk about it, is it seems mostly "over" these days.
All of a sudden, the responsibilty thing just kicked in, out of nowhere.

I agree with Tom about the alcohol thing getting better. I have heard from all the kids that no one ever drives drunk anymore. There were certain messages that got through, as compared to our generation. Designated drivers are very common. When I was in high school, it was just a "concept".

Having said that, Hawaii is ranked number two nationally for drunk driving fatalities.

Glad to hear that responsibility has kicked in.
I agree with you about the the kids who are reined in. It's as if they suddenly realize, "Hey...my parents aren't here...I can do whatever I want!!" and they do. :shakehead
My freshman roommate was one of those. I've known him since the 9th grade and he was always fairly level-headed, great grades, ran cross country together for two years, all that. We get to college and he goes nuts and starts drinking quite excessively...thankfully I think he's calmed down a bit since our freshman year.
For me, college has been a very interesting experience. I'm an only child so my house was always quiet. No siblings to play with, no loud music, no sharing. If we had music on it was classical. I never had to share anything with anyone, and then I go live in a suite setup in a dorm where we have 8 guys, 2 toilets, and one shower. I had a very hard time adapting to life with other people around.

See...my theory about parenting is having the goal that your child never gets in to trouble only postpones it until they are not under your influence. So, I hope having some issues and getting to have "input" before they are gone, might help.

Still, I am never sure, since I have not been a parent before.

Children are basically one big science fair project.

catherine96821:
y
JB's version is "guilty as charged". All men should be taught these simple beautiful words by their mothers.

We don't lean them from our mother's. We figure out after being married a few years that this the best way to keep the peace (we don't really believe it).

BTW, did you ever find the link on Utube?

no. she said it was under BCO, whatever that means. There is all kind of random BCO stuff, but it is gone. The parents probably heard they were on the internet....

I have no idea what BCO is...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom