Suggestion Teen forum?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Sideband

Sideband

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A while back I saw something mentioned about the possibility of a forum just for teens, or something like that. Is this maybe something that will happen in the near future? I recently met a guy that has a 13 year old son and they both just got their OW certs.. I pointed him here and thought that such a forum could be neat for his son. I somewhat remember a discussion about the wisdom of letting a 13 yo give advice to another 13 yo about something like diving but it could be set up as something other than a "How To" type of forum. I can see some of the pitfalls here and was just wondering if any more thought had been given to it. In general, the board is pretty child friendly anyway, but I would have found something like that cool when I was a teen...If the internet had existed then... :wink:

Joe

ah, "security through obscurity" :crafty:

Hehe.. Ok. I'll just let them know to ask about it if they are interested. At least I know I'm not blind. I had told them that I thought it was there, then that I didn't see it and it may be gone, then I was told it was there and looked and didn't see it... I wanted to be sure the next thing I told them was correct or they would think I was full of crud. <g>
Thanks everyone.

Joe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom