TECLINE Regs??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was in 5c water a couple of weeks ago with a buddy diving Tecline regs, I was using Apeks and a student Oceanic. All were rated for cold water use, only the Oceanic gave any trouble.

5C water is not that cold for any cold water design (unless very deep). Most likely the difference causing one reg to freeflow is in servicing and tuning the regulators. If you start breathing on surface with a regulator still in -10C air, any reg will freeze.

Now that I look at TECLINE V2 DIR set, it indeed does look like a very neat 1st stage with tidy hose routing.

5C water is not that cold for any cold water design (unless very deep). Most likely the difference causing one reg to freeflow is in servicing and tuning the regulators. If you start breathing on surface with a regulator still in -10C air, any reg will freeze.

Now that I look at TECLINE V2 DIR set, it indeed does look like a very neat 1st stage with tidy hose routing.
Air was about 3c. The Oceanic freeflow was not dramatic but interrupted the lesson. It was not provoked other than a slightly high breathing rate you might expect from a novice diver. Personally I’d not buy the Oceanic reg. it also has a stupid design of purge button which breaks as soon as you look at it.

Personally I’d not buy the Oceanic reg. it also has a stupid design of purge button which breaks as soon as you look at it.

Personally I'd just buy Apeks reg unless others have some desirable features Apeks lack. The vast majority of cold water divers at least in the nordics dive Apeks.
I checked some prices online and comparable Apeks sets seem to cost 20-30% more than Tecline (in Germany).
To me, that seems reasonable premium for original manufacture and solid track record.
Now the V2 looks like a nice configuration.... V2 DIR set costs the as DS4/XTX50 doubles set.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom